Anyone have GREAT recipes for smoking Turkey?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
??? for those who may know.
I am planning to smoke a 13lb+ bird on my MES, problem is the unit maxes out at 275 degrees. will this be hot enough to do the job ?
I'm sure i can crisp up the skin afterwards in a hot oven. Around 375 deg.???

You should be fine on that size bird, I'd pull it around 145° an finish it up in the oven, still gonna be a tastey bird! 350° -375° in the oven will sure do ya fine.

I just have to say that I've used the Slughterhouse technique for the past couple of years and it has always been a slam-dunk. I know this year will be the same.
The page for this post is a permanent bookmark. Thanks!

Thanks uber for getting this thread back up to the top. It's just what I was looking for. A couple of beginner questions for you regarding the slaughterhouse method:

When putting the Turkey in the brine, is it supposed to be fully defrosted?

While brining overnight, do I leave it in the fridge?

Any tips on injecting? Any spots that need extra injecting or spots that don't need as much?

How often do you put on the spritz?

Any other tips/suggestions you've learned over the last couple years?

Thanks!

??? for those who may know.
I am planning to smoke a 13lb+ bird on my MES, problem is the unit maxes out at 275 degrees. will this be hot enough to do the job ?
I'm sure i can crisp up the skin afterwards in a hot oven. Around 375 deg.???
A slight sprinkle of baking powder rubbed in with your seasonings a few hours in advance will help with crisping.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky