Anyone else have a "shop dog" or four legged best friend?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

top shot bbq

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
Murfreesboro Tennessee
Along with BBQ dog training is a passion of mine. Our shop dog is Gunner an 8 month old Belgian Malinois. Both of his parents are working police dogs. He is probably the most fearless dog I have ever owned. He goes everywhere with me and sits in front seat of the truck and jumps in the bed when we get where we are going to look after the welder and tools.

Last edited:
Hey Top

Haven't talked to you before--welcome.  You should go to roll call and tell us a bit about yourself.

Seems like most of the members on this site have a best friend or two.  Here's mine.  Two great black labs and a demon spawn cat.  In this pic they arre all patiently waiting for a treat.

Gary

Well keep them away from Egledhill's bulldog or we will have bull-shihts.....
ROTF.gif
 HAHAHA.. couldn't resist 

This one's mom was famous for dragging down leftovers from field dressed deer. I woke up one morning and thought she dug up a turtle... it was the frozen deer liver....

Another time she tore off the entire hind quarter of a deer we had hanging. I jammed what was left of the bones in the can and left a note for the garbage man. Never dull around here.

See avatar pic... plus...

My 7 year Border Collie Bullseye on far Left.. my moms mutt Skooter in the middle... and my precious 6 year Catahoula Cur Tulip "tootie" on the right... My kids... my heart.. my loves!

Relaxing at the beach last year in S Padre

Alas, my beloved best friend and fishing buddy is no more.  If ya can watch this video with out choking up ya aint got a heart.

Wait past the end a lil while the brat was raised next Beagles and they taught him to bark.  That came from a lil frizzy white brat that I still morn his loss.

Last edited:

Alas, my beloved best friend and fishing buddy is no more.  If ya can watch this video with out choking up ya aint got a heart.

damn Cappy... you had me at  Alas..... Great friend you had there!!!!! what a life he lived with some wonder owners :)

Hey Cappy

It is ALWAYS very sad to loose a good friend.  I was never a dog person, but having my two for the last 4 1/2 years, I can't imagine life without them. I would miss Linda's Addy, but I would be lost without my Roxy.  Linda took both of them with her one weekend when she went to Calgary to see her folks.  I was constantly looking around for them, wondering where they were.

Gary

Hey Cappy

It is ALWAYS very sad to loose a good friend.  I was never a dog person, but having my two for the last 4 1/2 years, I can't imagine life without them. I would miss Linda's Addy, but I would be lost without my Roxy.  Linda took both of them with her one weekend when she went to Calgary to see her folks.  I was constantly looking around for them, wondering where they were.

Gary
I know how you feel, if Gunner is not with me in the truck it just does not feel right. 

Sam mastiff x german shepherd rescue dog had him 9 years.Best dog I  ever owned.Pathalogical hater of possums ,current score Sam 3 possums 0 with possums unlikely to score!

Princess ,named that by the girls at the death row rescue service,mastiff x staffy x ? .Dumped by somebody late in her life after a few litters of pups. Raider of garbage cans,snores,farts,sneaks onto my bed if I don't lock door.Pushy,noisy & demanding,loves me unconditionally will never go hungry.Went from outhouse to penthouse & knows it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky