Anybody Wanna Make Some Smoked Fire Roasted Salsa? (W Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I’ll have to check my stash when I get home, may even have some Arby’s horsey sauce to throw in. I probably even have that little packet of wasabi you get from supermarket sushi...but that just may be my get out of jail free card.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
I’ll have to check my stash when I get home, may even have some Arby’s horsey sauce to throw in. I probably even have that little packet of wasabi you get from supermarket sushi...but that just may be my get out of jail free card.

Hmm, things are getting real here. Arby's horsey sauce rules.

Ill sweeten the pot and throw in a few packets of Papa John's specials seasoning blend and some mayo packets from subway.

I wanna get in on some of this. I have three full cases of Jack In The Box taco sauce. It's almost as good as Taco Bell "hot" sauce. What'll y'all give in trade for some of that? Maybe it'll be currency at some time also so I'm only gonna offer up two cases in trade and keep one case just in case....

Robert

Been wanting to try this for a long time but the garden isn’t cooperating.

I understand that but please take this into account. Even off-season veggies from the store will make far better salsa that you can get off the shelf in the grocery store.

Robert

Cilantro is one of those herbs that can add some zest or completely destroy imho.

Couldn't agree more. I really like cilantro in the pico de gallo when I make it but it trashed the salsa. Go figger...

Robert

Im inspired to make Fresh Salsa now but we usually buy Taco Bell Fire Sauce in a bottle. Great addition to Breakfast Burritos. We don't eat at Taco Bell more than 3-4 times a year. I'd run out of packets.
Speaking of Texas Pete...Anyone else finding their area Grocery stores don't carry Hotter Texas Pete? No problem getting Regular TP but for Hotter, I have to order from Amazon...JJ

Thank you! I'm really looking forward to making this. It's nice to fire up the smoker for vegetables once in a while too! Funny what you said about this recipe being better without cilantro. I love cilantro, but my husband is one of those people who finds the flavor really off putting. He wishes he liked it because its so prevalent in so many cuisines. He'll love hearing that you guys think this salsa is superior without it since I'm usually the one trying to throw cilantro in everything.

Thanks again Robert!
You and my wife, she can put cilantro on anything and lots of it. Me I hate the taste....

Robert nice lookin' sauce there buddy!

My wife bought about 6 jars of Trader Joe's Fire Roasted Tomato Salsa as it is salt free....we still have 2 jars to get through then I will give this a try.

BIG LIKE!

John

Hey xray xray look what I got together for you. It'll be heading your way sometime soon :emoji_laughing:
007.jpg

Hope you like it as much as you like that Taco Bell "hot" sauce.

Helping a friend,
Robert

Last edited:
Between you and Steve and yall's generosity Joe might me able to make a couple batches of salsa now!

Wow...I just had a thought. I could take those little packets out and put them on the Rec Tec for a while and Joe would have some smoked fire roasted hot taco sauce., Whada ya think John?

Hmmm....
Robert

Reactions: xray
Here’s my secret stash:
DD029B87-DA78-4A79-B4FA-141F36C607DB.jpeg

I even have a pack of pickled ginger! That alone is worth a truckload of Jack in the box taco sauce.

And the Ken’s dressing, forget it! That’s willed to my firstborn!

Reactions: Steve H
Here’s my secret stash:

That's not quite the stash I was expecting, especially from a person of your ilk inclined to mainline Taco Bell hot sauce. It'll hopefully hold you till Steve and I get the packages sent out though :emoji_laughing:

I even have a pack of pickled ginger! That alone is worth a truckload of Jack in the box taco sauce.

Except for the fact that I don't like ginger. Wanna try for another barter?

Nope...not into ginger,
Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky