Anybody Wanna Make Some Smoked Fire Roasted Salsa? (W Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Awesome looking sauce there call it what you want but dang good looking in my book. Has to be much better than that take out stuff some have referred to.

A great step by step post.

Warren

Whoa. Whoa, Whoa! Your Wendys has TEXAS PETE!?

What the hell, you Southern guys get all the good franchises and fancy condiments too!! I can’t even get a Bojangles up here!
Hey, Wendy’s down here has a killer chili sauce that’s really quite tasty (to me). Never seen texas Pete.
No Texas Pete's at Wendy's here either. Having some of those packets in my lunch would be cool.

Yeah man they have Texas pete at the ones around here. You gotta ask for it though. Got a bojangles about 10 minutes from my house Joe Ill mail you a couple buckets.

Made a batch and it was really good but I realized that I didn't put any cilantro in it....because we didn't have any. Went to the store, got some, added it to the salsa and ruined the entire batch. It was wretched so I dumped it and made another batch minus the cilantro
Cilantro is one of those herbs that can add some zest or completely destroy imho. There seems to be no in between. A light touch and it’s delicious, a touch more and it’s inedible lol

Looks Good my Texas Friend, a hand full of Cilantro wouldn't hurt

Gary

Robert, thank you for posting this thread. It looks great and will soon be on the grill.

Ray

Thanks so much for sharing. Love salsa, but the one time I tried making my own a few years back it was, well, not very good to put it nicely. I am definitely going to give this a try.

Thanks!! Very much appreciate it. My first attempt was less than honorable also. This however is really good!!

Robert

Only way to top this is fire roasted on the Santa Maria?
Bookmarked for future reference .......... Another epic post man. We appreciate it.

I thought about using the SM for making some. It's only been a short while since starting to dial it in but with each step, it's getting better. The SM may just well be the next step

Robert

Reactions: texomakid
Sounds good. I would add Cilantro on my plate as I'm the only one that likes it. The best flavor comes from adding at the last minute...JJ
Looks fantastic!! I love good salsa
Oh, that just looks plain delicious, can't wait to try it myself. Congrats and thanks for the recipe.
This looks great Robert! I’ve made it before but never with guajillo and arbol peppers. Gotta try this!

Thanks so much for all the kind words everybody. At first I did not use any of the peppers that are in the recipe. It was good but just needed a bit more. The addition of the pepper spices is what gives it that deep, rich flavor and they really add to the complexity.

Robert

Looks great. But isn't that closer to picante? The texture and thickness is what's making me wonder. Either way I'd hit it!

Picante is much chunkier, veggies more roughly chopped. This is definitely a salsa, I just like it to have body and not be all runny so I can pile it up on a chip.

Robert

Thanks for sharing Robert! I make my own as well but haven't tried using the guajillo pepper and arbol peppers. Will give your recipe a try.

Thanks John. The peppers really bring a lot to the flavor party, no question about that.

Robert

Picante is much chunkier, veggies more roughly chopped. This is definitely a salsa, I just like it to have body and not be all runny so I can pile it up on a chip.

Robert

Hmm, you should see what the yankees call Picante! A smooth salsa. Hence my question. Either way. Yours looks fantastic.

Yeah man! What I do is, I go next door to taco bell and take about two heaping handfuls of the packets of salsa. I mix them up too, because I live on the edge like that.

Then, I go home and squeeze them all out in an old ketchup bottle. It‘s a long and laborious process. Takes about 45 minutes, then it goes on my cold Chinese take out!

Dammit Joe!! You promised to keep our salsa recipe secret. Oh well, time to level with everybody. All those pics that I used to start this thread were stolen off the Internet :emoji_astonished: That's not my kitchen and nobody can argue because I've never posted anything that was made in the kitchen so there's nothing to make a comparison with. That's also not my Rec Tec, nor is it the Ninja that the woman I'm not married to didn't give me for Christmas.

Or something like that...
Robert

Hey Joe,
Shoot me your address. I have a nice stock pile for ya. And, As a token of friendship. I'll include the packs of ketchup and soy sauce!!

P2270651.JPG

Damn Steve that is a true friend right there! xray xray you should feel honored.

I'd offer to throw some into the till and send to Joe also but there's a small problem. I never go into Taco Bell because they don't start serving lunch till 9:00 and I eat lunch about 8:00 during the week

Wishing I could help,
Robert

I'd offer to throw some into the till and send to Joe also but there's a small problem. I never go into Taco Bell because they don't start serving lunch till 9:00 and I eat lunch about 8:00 during the week

Wishing I could help,
Robert

I got ya covered Robert!

Hey Joe,
Shoot me your address. I have a nice stock pile for ya. And, As a token of friendship. I'll include the packs of ketchup and soy sauce!!

View attachment 433971

Steve, hang on to those for when we’re all quarantined from the coronavirus and the economy crashes. Those packets will be like currency!

I have a small tupperware container in my refrigerator door with all assorted ones too. Maybe we could work out a deal.

Say like 3 taco bell hotsauce packets for a container of the BK onion ring sauce??

Steve, hang on to those for when we’re all quarantined from the coronavirus and the economy crashes. Those packets will be like currency!

I have a small tupperware container in my refrigerator door with all assorted ones too. Maybe we could work out a deal.

Say like 3 taco bell hotsauce packets for a container of the BK onion ring sauce??

Hmm, perhaps I'll hold onto them. Unless you're willing to do 6 Taco bell packets for the BK sauce. ;)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky