Anybody have or used one of these?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No but the Weber gas assist is $450 plus tax, had mine for 11 years and will get 10-15 more years out of it at least . I spent a lot of $$ on cheap grills till I found Weber.

+1 on the Weber. Mine lives outside, in Michigan, all year round, and has had no issues in the 8 years I’ve owned it.
Do you keep it covered? My new performer spent the winter when not in use in my shed. Now that winter is over (hopefully) there may not be room for it when the blower has to go in it.

I do my best to keep it covered, but I spend a fair amount of time out of town, and my 15 y/o son really likes grilled stuff. That being said, he’s facile at tossing in another handful of charcoal, pushing the button, and cooking stuff to his hearts content.
Unfortunately, he somehow forgets to put the cover back on once the grill is out and cool, so I’d say it is covered about 50% of the time.😎

• Haha
Reactions: mike243
I kept mine covered about 50% of the time before I built my carport, by the time several beers were drank and supper finished and dishes were done zip till the next day or 2 when I would see the cover. I don't feel that it caused damage or shortened its life though.

Mine goes in the shed in the winter. In the summer it goes under a BBQ gazebo. I have the performer deluxe with the gas ignition. Awesome feature.
b29e15da-9ba5-47ba-9fcf-e25e2ac688b0.d4a9d2d48e67f0357f111e4d754a61fb.jpeg

Not mine, nor is the picture. But this is the one I have. I'm going to build a wooden deck to put it on so that the gazebo or grill is making ground contact. Around 6x8 should do. The gazebo does good to protect the grill for the most part. I still cover it while not in use. But am comfortable leaving the cover off if I need to for a night.

Mine goes in the shed in the winter. In the summer it goes under a BBQ gazebo. I have the performer deluxe with the gas ignition. Awesome feature.
View attachment 629840

Not mine, nor is the picture. But this is the one I have. I'm going to build a wooden deck to put it on so that the gazebo or grill is making ground contact. Around 6x8 should do. The gazebo does good to protect the grill for the most part. I still cover it while not in use. But am comfortable leaving the cover off if I need to for a night.
yeah I am building a 12 x 14 gazebo by the pool but i am sure the wife will not bbq stuff under it..it will fit in the shed in the winter time but when I put the snow blower away it will have to stay out.
1650553278372.png

Reactions: chopsaw
looks good and cheaper n more features than weber equivalent.
That's the first I've seen one of those . I do own a Performer Deluxe .
The first thing that caught my attention about the one you posted , was that there are a lot of mating surfaces to collect and hold water . Overtime , that could be a negative depending on the coating on the frame .

Personally I don't see any extra features .
Not a fan of lid hinges on kettle grills .
Same with porcelain coating on the grill grates .
Not trying to be all negative with my response , but I just don't think it compares to a Performer .

I would like to see & touch one before I made a decision. But from the photo’s it looks pretty good to me!
Al

well i ordered one , the gal at store said compare n return if not equal. i have friends with the performer{one older had to get cover n charcoal pans ect} and i like it. as i've had weber since '70's , well actually my dad cooked on weber since i can remember... so i will compare weight n fit to see if fit for keeping. and wondering, is the performer made in usa or just assembled with globally available parts??

Reactions: MJB05615
I know this is an old thread, but might still be relevant, especially considering that the Member's Mark Pro Series Gas-Assist Charcoal Grill is now on sale for $179 at Sam's Club. I bought one for $300 in June and have had nothing but trouble with arguably the most important feature: the gas-assist lighting system. The only way to reliably light the gas assist is with a lighter, which involves removing the grates. I've had three replacement igniters and one replacement burner tube, with no success. I'm going to return it.

I've never owned a Weber kettle grill, so I can't compare its function as a cooker, but I can say that the vortex does fit, SNS Deluxe does not. The diameter of the kettle is 22.5" compared to 22" for the Weber, but the slope of the decreasing radius of the kettle below the grate is such that the SNS doesn't fit.

I am considering the Weber Performer Deluxe and am curious if that feature is as helpful as one would hope. In every gas grill I've ever owned, with the exception of two Webers, the igniter would fail almost immediately, as would replacements. With my two Weber gas grills, the original igniter was still working reliably five or more years later.

If it's as solid a platform as I'd hope. There are two hardly used Performer Deluxes for sale for $200 - $250 within my area. I'm thinking I'd buy one and put in a new SNS grate to mate with the SNS Deluxe.

I checked this out in-store, was not impressed with the build quality, the vents, etc.. Also not happy it is a blatant ripoff of the Weber.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky