• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Anybody cooking this weekend ?

mushroomboots

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 4, 2018
I followed this:
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/eye-of-round-pastrami-mucho-q-view.242696/
I followed this recipe until you coat with mustard.
Then for the rub for the Pastrami I used:
2 tbs course ground pepper
2 tbs Coriander
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp onion powder
Mix well. And apply liberally. You want a nice bark of this when done.
Then into the smoker at around 250-275 with hickory until you get to 150-155 IT. The end result:

View attachment 410238
Steve, I meant to ask you how this had turned out. Is this your photo below? It looks incredible. I also wanted to thank you for directing me toward the recipe

RiversideSm0ker

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 30, 2018
Yikes snow and 20 degree temps! No thank you. It was in the upper 40s yesterday and I was pretty freaked out. I just can’t imagine that kind of weather. We’re back in the 60s today. Now that feels like Cali. Good luck and stay warm.

G

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Steve, I meant to ask you how this had turned out. Is this your photo below? It looks incredible. I also wanted to thank you for directing me toward the recipe
That's my photo and cook. It was fantastic. And you are welcome.

mushroomboots

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 4, 2018
Thank you for your kind words. The need is great in our area. I try to give back and serve whenever I can. Very humbling.
Johnny Ray
You are more than welcome. If only there were more people like you in this world, I think we could really resolve some things. I've been a nurse for a number of years now and I'm blessed to not have many needs. There was a brief time in my life however when I had to use a Food Bank, truly, and thank God it was there. I knew then that I would not starve because of the kindness of others. Humbling indeed. You're a good man Johnny Ray. Wishing the best to you and yours during this coming year

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks