Anybody cooking this weekend ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Senate Navy Bean soup with ham
SRF bone in ½ ham smoked a 2nd time
11-19 Ham Soup 1.JPG

11-19 Ham Soup 2.JPG

Diced for the soup
11-19 Ham Soup 3.JPG

Finish and ready to eat!
11-19 Ham Soup 4.JPG

I followed this:
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/eye-of-round-pastrami-mucho-q-view.242696/
I followed this recipe until you coat with mustard.
Then for the rub for the Pastrami I used:
2 tbs course ground pepper
2 tbs Coriander
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp onion powder
Mix well. And apply liberally. You want a nice bark of this when done.
Then into the smoker at around 250-275 with hickory until you get to 150-155 IT. The end result:

View attachment 410238
Steve, I meant to ask you how this had turned out. Is this your photo below? It looks incredible. I also wanted to thank you for directing me toward the recipe

Yikes snow and 20 degree temps! No thank you. It was in the upper 40s yesterday and I was pretty freaked out. I just can’t imagine that kind of weather. We’re back in the 60s today. Now that feels like Cali. Good luck and stay warm.

G

Thank you for your kind words. The need is great in our area. I try to give back and serve whenever I can. Very humbling.
Johnny Ray
You are more than welcome. If only there were more people like you in this world, I think we could really resolve some things. I've been a nurse for a number of years now and I'm blessed to not have many needs. There was a brief time in my life however when I had to use a Food Bank, truly, and thank God it was there. I knew then that I would not starve because of the kindness of others. Humbling indeed. You're a good man Johnny Ray. Wishing the best to you and yours during this coming year

It was misty and a little windy yesterday, but I decided to fire up my Weber Summit and smoke some kielbasa. It was a quick and easy cook, and the meat turned out well.

Attachments

• m_DSCN0879.jpg
    m_DSCN0879.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 14
  • m_DSCN0880.jpg
    m_DSCN0880.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 13
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky