1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Any tips for 1st smoke and 'break in' for my new Pitboss 77435 smoker

Discussion in 'Propane Smokers' started by expat smoker, Sep 13, 2019 at 3:18 PM.

1. expat smoker

expat smoker Smoke Blower

My Pit Boss Grills 77435 is arriving today and wondering if you guys have any tips for both first test and first smoke project.
    Wish us luck.............

2. smokerjim

smokerjim Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

can't go wrong with some st. louis ribs. don't forget your first burn off though.

3. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Chicken is always a nice first smoke.

Warren

chopsaw likes this.
  4. noboundaries

noboundaries Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

A lot of the first smoke is learning the quirks of the new smoker. I always start with something that doesn't take too long and is relatively cheap and foolproof as you learn. Sausages, chicken thighs/quarters, even hamburgers or meatloaf.

5. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I'm for chicken .

motolife313 likes this.
  6. JCAP

JCAP Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

I’d be on the chicken train too. Or something that’s super forgiving like PP. Depends how much admiring you want to do!

7. uncle eddie

uncle eddie Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Beer Can Burgers are fast if you are pressed for time

Do your burn off and then pre-smoke the smoker for at least an hour to make sure all new smoker flavors are burned off and smoked over.

8. Weaverspitbbq

Weaverspitbbq Smoke Blower

Spray inside with peanut oil .then fire it up

9. expat smoker

expat smoker Smoke Blower

Great info guys, thanks but after [amazon said it arrived yesterday] driving down to our local post office, it didn't arrive so I will give it til tomorrow's morning mail. One more day in the brine won't hurt, right? or should I remove my brined pork leg from the brine bag and rinse it to cook tomorrow?

10. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

chopsaw Thanks for the like it is appreciated.

Warren