Any Pellet Munchers out there?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It's about time you got your butt on here! Hope'n CJDigger gets on too. SC traeger boy, he digs 6' deep holes for a living.....if you know what I mean. Often wondered what he really had in his smoker. He's lives up by Scott Lake, he should be reading this soon and getting on here.

Glad you got in, McKenna. See ya later

Now we have to list Traeger in the Definations....
icon_razz.gif

yo treager dudes--
please share your experiences on the forums..

unless i hit all 6 numbers on the missouri state lotto--
i will never be able to afford a ""pellet muncher""

i will have to buy a house to store it.
so its more than just the grand sticker price.

so i must live thru yalls toys..
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

hummm I grew up there for a great many years and never called it that.....we had and still have a name for it...."rocky mountain piss water"
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

Colorado Kool-Aid must be a Kansas thing. I remember beer being called that since I was a kid. Don't hear it much at all now. I don't like Coors, I really liked Herman-Josephs when they made that. I think they quit in the mid to late 80's. Yep, do the math, I had a beer or two before I was 21. Things have changed now; wife, kids, girlfriend, mistress, neighbor...........more like 4-6/day........and I don't have 3 of the 5 mentioned!

I saw the kool-aid guy and liked it, needed some reason for use'n it as my avatar. Wanted AL from happy days, or better yet the cook in Laverne & shirley. Couldn't find a good pic of them.

Thanks Tonto! Perfect! Only problem is that AL is better look'n than I am. Don't want any women getting excited think'n that this is a pic of me :)

I am thinking about a Traeger!! Which one do u have. Would welcome the no work part. Does it hold temp?? How hot can u get it??? Where did u get?? Anything else I may have forgotten to ask would be much appreciated!! I am new to smoking, have the weber smoker which turns out great stuff, but easier is better in my lazy *** mind!!!
Thanks Jack

Yep, It's nice and easy and no mess and no real clean-up or babysitting! Turns out great food and it runs temps from 160 to 400+

Lazy.........hmmmmmm.......get a Stumps then you don't even have to worry about finding pellets.

I have slept through many a good smoke with mine.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Hi,
I recently bought a Traeger Lil Tex 070 and had no idea what I was getting myself into. My weber knock off that I got at a garage sale used and for $5 with a cover was long overdue to be put out of its misery. I saw an ad for a Traeger and bought it without much if any investigation into it. That was about 3 months ago and I have tried to cook on it every weekend since.

My original goal was to make the worlds best ribs. No luck there so now I am just trying to get to a point where I know how not to ruin good meat.

I like the Traeger and its relative ease of use but I realize that I really don't know anything about BBQ or Smoking and I think that my end product would be better if I had a clue. While I am trying to get a clue it sure is fun and even the things that don't turn out great are still pretty darn good.

Right now I have a pork loin and a Corned Beef Brisket on the Traeger that I started about 12 hours ago at 180 (I have the LCD Thermostat) using Hickory pellets. Which at sometime soon will probably become the oak pellets that I topped the hopper with. My problem is that I don't know whether to leave these on for the rest of the night ~ 20 hours total cook time. Or should I pull them off at 12 hours?

As far as temperature goes they are in the 140 - 160 range now so I think that I am out of the woods there but will leaving them on make them more tender or tough?

I have a hard time cleaning the grate so I am using two aluminum pans (1 pan for each item) with water under the brisket and apple juice under the pork loin. The pans have racks over the top of them and the meat is setting on the racks so it isn't soaking in the liquid.

I also want to try cooking bacon in the traeger but don't have a clue as to temp (High or low & slow).

Anyway it is great to find this board. And I look forward to any wisdom that you care to share!

JtL

I bought my Treager pro about a month ago and love it. So far I have had 2 large smokes and a bunch of after work "quickies" for supper. Everything so far has been great. Just sprinkle on some of Jeff's rub,hit the on button and off we go. Seem's to be very stingy with pellets so far, maybe using 1/4 of a bag. The only issue, and a small one at that, is changing pellet flavors. Takes very long to run out the auger. For christmas I got my self all the wood flavors exept grapewood which locol guy did not have but will get for me. Very expensive Buyin all the meat to smoke.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Well Mike…just watch those specials at Sams and Costcos when they have boston butts for 99¢ a lb and chicken thighs for the same, Buy bulk and cut your costs! Where theres a will theres a way Hint! Get a Foodsaver, Nothing better than coming home from work late, grabbing a packake of pulled pork out of the freezer, tossing in some boiling water, Mixing up some Georgia white sauce (takes lesds than a minute! Grab some slaw, toss that meat on a good bun…and itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Dummertime all over again! Yeppers!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky