Any ideas on how to smoke this?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sqwib

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 25, 2007
Philadelphia
I found a chit load of these in the yard any idea on how to smok'em

cbff25c2_maggot.jpg

I found a chit load of these in the yard any idea on how to smok'em

cbff25c2_maggot.jpg
Looks like a grub on steroids.

Put a hook in him, and troll him around in the Delaware---Then you'll soon have something good to smoke!

Bear

Found the pic while surfing the net, thought it would be a funny post. Biggest one I ever saw was about 3" long 1/2 in diameter.

I think I saw one of those in the movie "Tremors" after they were full grown...LOL

[quote name="FIGJAM" url="/forum/thread/105546/any-ideas-on-how-to-smoke-this#post_621222"]

I've never actually seen a grub before.  Do they normally get that big?  Holy sh## !
[/quote]

I could be wrong but, by looking at the hand, it looks like the image was blown-up to make it appear larger.

Not Photoshopped.

I had a grub like that one time, and as I suggested, I put it on a hook, and trolled around with it for awhile.

Then I caught a nice Pickerel.  I gotta get a bigger boat !

f48c685e_Fishinboatcopy.jpg

Bear

Not Photoshopped.

I had a grub like that one time, and as I suggested, I put it on a hook, and trolled around with it for awhile.

Then I caught a nice Pickerel.  I gotta get a bigger boat !

f48c685e_Fishinboatcopy.jpg

Bear
OH yeah bear? my fish is better than your fish!!!

cbd05762_fish-tank-bra_large.jpg

LOL---If my dear departed Dad was still here, he'd say,

"HMMM guppies on buppies".

I know they're goldfish, but that doesn't rhyme!

Bear

LOL.... I believe that splash we all heard was this thread falling off of the curb and into the gutter.... thanks Bear!
biggrin.gif

ok this is not photoshopped

ee5be7e7_tongue-eating-isopod.jpg

=
53725581_isopod_451_197.jpg

c5f62018_GiantIsopod-764949.jpg

02e34efd_giantisopodbeingheld.jpg

Last edited:
Bear, I've seen some of the chit you smoke and eat..lol.....can't believe you have no rub/marinades/advice for this sort of thing
Are you picking on my Shad Roe again???

I'll be posting another one of them soon---This time Broiled---The first one was pan-fried.

You're gonna love it!  
biggrin.gif

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky