Any Ash Vacuum Recommendations?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sven Svensson

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 5, 2021
Sonoma County, California
My little Shop-Vac sucks (pun intended) but it blows out ash after about 5 seconds, even with a pre-fliter. I’m done with it and I’m looking for a good vacuum designed just for ash. The smaller the better so something 5 gallons or smaller. Thanks.

I use the bucket head attachment from Home Depot. It works quite well with just a 5 gallon bucket. I just shake out the fabric filter from time to time.
I use the same things - works great! And to get into those hard to reach places, I use my battery-powered leaf blower to get out the remaining dust!

We used to use these when working in an occupied space . Goes on the exhaust / blower side of the vac .

I have a dewalt flexvolt dust extractor it works great, it has dual self-cleaning filters on it, it never clogs up or spits dust out, but the thing cost me an arm and a leg

Reactions: Sven Svensson
I use the bucket head attachment from Home Depot. It works quite well with just a 5 gallon bucket. I just shake out the fabric filter from time to time.
Bucket head is the ticket. No much money, cheap replacement filters. Minimal investment which I found a big plus considering its gonna be messy and likely abused with ash dust and grime. Had mine three years so far and works great

Bucket head is the ticket. No much money, cheap replacement filters. Minimal investment which I found a big plus considering its gonna be messy and likely abused with ash dust and grime. Had mine three years so far and works great
I've got 2 of them
They do a dandy job cleaning up the pellet pooper. A bit lacking on power if using a longer hose.

Lehman's Amish Hardware has a nice vacuum:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky