Another use of the bacon weave - The BLTC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Hey folks, I hope everyone is staying safe and enjoying their summer. I've been pretty busy with work and chores around here. So my time has been limited, but I thought I'd pop on and share a nice cool lite summer meal - not to mention pretty darn tasty also

To start off, many of you know I've been using the bacon weave on a few meals besides fatties. Theres been the slider and ultimate double cheese burger as well. Last night the wife and I felt like a BLT, but didn't want to heat up the kitchen. So off to the kettle I went.

The 22" kettle was already outside so I decided to use it instead of the 26". In hindsight I should have grabbed the 26"(bacon burn on the edges).

Anyway here's the weave tucked inbetween the charcoal baskets. Added two burgers for skidmark.
DSC01257.JPG

This bacon was unfortunately a mom-n-pop store brand, and I wasn't really impressed with it. However the grocers were packed full of people and my choices were limited.

After the first flip: Notice on the previous pic of the 22" kettle the bacon sits on top of the baskets. When I use the 26" kettle that's a non-issue.
DSC01260.JPG

Bacons off the kettle and sliced into quarters.
DSC01264.JPG

Lightly toasted onion roll with a slice of melted cheddar on each half(Thus the added C)

DSC01265.JPG

Add a square of bacon to each half:

DSC01266.JPG

Then finish with some homegrown lettuce and tomatoe slice: Mayo was added inbetween the tomatoe and lettuce.
1596296093212.jpeg

A shot from the front:

DSC01269.JPG

That's all, thanks to taking a look.

Chris

I like it...alot! Plus way less chance of pulling bacon out as you eat it. Great idea!

Ryan

Reactions: indaswamp
That is one beautiful BLT Chris, Like! Nice piece of work, another great weave. RAY

Wow, I'm not sure why this thread got moved over to the "BEEF" forum. There isn't any beef on this sandwich. Unless the mom-n-pop store where I bought the bacon was lying to me.

Dazed and Confused
Chris

dayum that looks good!

Thanks Tony for the kind words and like. It tasted Grrrrrreeeeeaaaatttt!!!!

My goodness ! That's awesome .

Thanks Chop for the compliment and like - appreciate them. The wife only used one square of bacon on her BLTC. So I had an bacon-egg-McHoagie the next day, Dang that was this morning. Still full.

Chris

Reactions: chopsaw
I like it...alot! Plus way less chance of pulling bacon out as you eat it. Great idea!

Ryan
Appreciate the nice words and like Ryan. You are correct the bacon kind of welds itself together so there isn't any pull outs.

Very nice! The bacon weave wins again! LIKE!

Thanks Travis for the like and kindly words, and when has a bacon weave ever lost. LOL

Chris

Reactions: Sowsage
Looks awesome. Great idea GMC

Epic would be a better descriptive peachey, and thanks for the like also. Appreciate them.

That is one beautiful BLT Chris, Like! Nice piece of work, another great weave. RAY

Muchas gracias Ray. The weave is easy. It's getting it initially on the grill that's tough.

Chris

skidmark didn't get the burnt bacon?
Looks great Chris, I love blt's this time of year.

Now that is a BLT to die for!
EXCELLENT!!!
Al

To die for - that's why doctors prescribe us older folks meds. Thank you very much Al appreciate the like and compliment.

Now that is a great sandwich!!

Appreciate that Steve and the like. I have to contribute something worthwhile on this site every once in a while.

Chris

skidmark didn't get the burnt bacon?
Looks great Chris, I love blt's this time of year.

Tis the season for BLTs. Everything is fresh, and there is no way in hell that I'm giving skid the burnt bacon pieces. Thems good eats. Thanks for the like also Dan.

Chris

Chris that taking a BLT to the next level. Looks pretty dang tasty!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky