Another SMF Milestone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mballi3011

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 12, 2009
icon_cool.gif

First off I thought I might not ever get here but somehow I have 10,000 post . It has been a long road and I have started to reflect on some of my small triumphs. Now here's my original post in Roll Call.

My name is Mark and I have been smoking four about 5 years now. I have a propane 2 box old smokie mountain smoker and it works really good now, it took awhile to learn but I'm catching on. I'm not new with grilling, I"ve got outdoor kitchen with a members mark 48" SS grill with built in frig, sink. Another 48" brinkmen to go along with turkey & fish frying set ups. I REALLY LIKE TO cook outside. We live in sunny Fla so I can grill all year round. We have family around us with 3 kids and 4 grand kids and we cook Sunday dinners for about 14 each week. Right now I'm smoking chicken (whole) potatoes (baking and some for salad) and something new a whole prime rib (saw it on TV). I'll smoke anything and willing to try it all.
I really look forward to learning more recipes and tech.
will talk soon.

Later Mark  

so then I keep on looking and I find some other interesting smokes that I have made over the past year and some.

The first fattie to me this is a welcoming present cause most and me included have never heard or seen a fattie of the eatable kinds that is. Then there is allot more and I'm not gonna bore you with but

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/77741/weekend-smoke-prime-rib-chicken   this was the first rib-eye that I ever smoked but I have grill my weight of them. Now I have gotten more and more confidence and my smokes have been getting bigger an bigger. This is for a party of 25 or 30

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/78755/smoke-for-party-with-alot-of-qview   I don't know whats up with Photo-bucket they like to delete pictures after a short time real Bummer. But anyway so I got to know allot more folks and then you have to if you have never gone you have to go to any Gathering that you can. They are more then FUN here's Jerry's in august of 09

Beside the food is awesome and just to meet the folks that you have been chatting and looking at their smokes too. We had a really fabulous time. Here's some food and some of the folks.

There's some of the friends that's Mike (jax gator) and Brian(grouper sandwich) then Karen(jerry's wife) and then Dawn(irishteabear) and we couldn't miss the Gator Game. Now for another good achievement I started making sausage from scratch. Here the first batch of venison brats.  

So the sausage went so well I had to remember our troops and our son in Iraq. Here's their part

OK they really enjoyed them but one of the biggest and (to me ) the great achievement cam when I was given the honor of the Thin Blue Smoke. This is something I strived for so hard and it is a

Real Honor and I hold it dear. Now we move on (it's almost over) I'm really getting good at this stuff so let's try something that not many have and that's SUSHI

Now there's that bellie I have been working so hard on.  Now we are almost to the end and it has been one fun ride to get here and don't worry I'm not going anywhere. I hope you don't mind. but here's one of my last threads. I made some roast beef for sammie, pulled pork, snack sticks, and some really good sausage too. So enjoy I sure have and to the next 10,000

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/98853/one-fun-weekend-with-lot-s-of-q-view  

So I will see you folks in chat or just reading your threads and post. It has been fun going down memory lane and all the good things that this place has brought to me and my family. Allot of really good foods and a few more inches to our waist line. Shhhhh the wife doesn't say that.

Later,

Mark

Congrats Mark! You sure have been a big help to me. I can't believe you have 10,000 posts in just a year and a half? Wow!

Wow! What's that work out to, about 20 posts a day? You set a rough pace, friend.

Keep at it! And thanks for all your advice and examples.

What a Great post Mark !

You have been a great help to me too---many times!

Plus I can always count on you being around when I need you!

Thanks Mark---Now get going on that next 10 grand!

Bear

Congrats Mark

Congrats to you for a milestone most will never reach.

I know you have been a great help to me in this habit we have.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Congrats Mark!  You've been a solid contributor to the SMF and an all around great guy to me and the rest of the members around here.  Wear that OTBS moniker with pride my brother.

Congrats Mark!  I am honored to call you a friend and since we met at Jerrys we often have spoken kindly of you.  Take care and keep smokin.

Rick

good job mark i guess your keyboard is as worn out as your belt!     I just want to put your ahievment in perspective,  i joined 6 months after you did and i havent even hit 1000 posts yet

you a typing maniac!!!

Congrats Mark! That is quiet and achievment!.... I think there might be a twelve step program for that! heh-heh
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I think at 10,000 posts your are supposed to get your OTBS member badge tatood on your arm
biggrin.gif

Congrats Mark! That is quiet and achievment!.... I think there might be a twelve step program for that! heh-heh
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I think at 10,000 posts your are supposed to get your OTBS member badge tatood on your arm
biggrin.gif
 Lord, that would be your shoulder or butt round here!

CONGRATS MARK!!!

Thanks for all the great posts and words of encouragement.

Todd

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky