Another skirt steak, this TIME it’s PRIME!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
We liked the Chimichuri seasoned skirt steak we got from WFF so much, we decided to get another one. But when checking out WFF, we found out that you could get Prime skirt steak unseasoned for the same price as seasoned Choice. DUH! I bought 3 of the Prime ones & made a simple marinade. Here is some photo’s
Starting with just a basic marinade. I just eyeballed everything.
DEA049BB-5DFF-456F-838C-D8E58701CB08.jpeg

I put the steak & marinade in a vacuum canister overnight in the fridge.
85EDF0F2-F442-4C8F-8DE9-7FFA188E6AE8.jpeg

Here they are out of the marinade
F8A1559E-15E8-45CC-9F00-7D72A19BD723.jpeg

I dried them off and put them on sear grates on the gasser.
4715F2D1-6448-4110-A89D-62015EEAE526.jpeg

463F4F79-CD2B-469A-95B8-45D1654CB489.jpeg

Next, Judy took the leftover marinade, added a couple of ice cubes of beef At Jus & boiled it down for dipping.
136EC60B-E998-4490-8C7B-25D704958FCF.jpeg

0699A9EB-1B46-4A8E-B2BF-A8CBE84AD4FC.jpeg

After a 10 minute rest we sliced up the steak, very juicy!
CB7CB207-08E6-4A2F-9AAE-138A7E02F5E2.jpeg

Our dinner!
501A1CE9-8BE9-4144-A588-9732D74A743F.jpeg

We have plenty leftover for breakfast, lunch & dinner tomorrow.
Fast forward, I had steak & eggs for breakfast, no photo’s.
Then cheesesteak subs for dinner.
C8A2ABDC-B4B7-49FD-ABD3-9A3732027871.jpeg

We used Judy’s homemade pretzel buns, and a CI skillet!
E9E9FE05-46E9-41AC-A0D6-0FC38C7E1070.jpeg

Had to put some of that Au Jus on there too. I really wish I had measured what I put in that, because it really turned out good. I hope I can make it again & next time I WILL measure.
9913F098-18C8-409A-90C0-10901E866EA2.jpeg

Judy & I split this & it filled both of us up. I just want to say I can’t believe that I’m 76 years old & I have never had a skirt steak until a couple of weeks ago. I think the flavor, juiciness, & tenderness is just incredible, especially with the Prime. Gonna be a lot more of these on our table in the future!!
Thanks for stopping by!!
Al

Attachments

• 5C911F14-584F-427F-A5DE-32487BDA4228.jpeg
    5C911F14-584F-427F-A5DE-32487BDA4228.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Those look great AL, need to order some WFF. Where did you get those vacuum canisters? I assume they would work with food saver or inkbird hose attachment?

Reactions: SmokinAl
Love it! Looks great Al. You are motivating me...I got grill grates with my Rec Tec like 3-4 years ago and have never used them. Seeing them on your gasser makes me think I should be using them on the gasser.

Looks Fantastic, Al !!
I saw that difference for Prime unseasoned & Choice seasoned, but I figured you wanted to see how theirs stacks up against your Marinade.
Everything Looks Great !!
Like.

Bear

Nice work Al . Like you I've just recently had skirt and flank . Great cuts for high heat sear .

I'm gonna give you points for the dump and run on the marinade .

Everything looks great .

I assume they would work with food saver or inkbird hose attachment?
Yup . I use mine all the time .
1657294548985.jpeg

I absolutely love skirt steak! Yours looks awesome. It’s a great cut for two people, cooks fast and is pretty versatile.

My stores are hit and miss with them, but the ones from Wild Fork look good.

Absolutely spectacular Al!! Just perfection on everything...but that first sliced shot if the steak is pure money. We do a lot of skirt steak around here for fajitas and stir fry. It is some tasty stuff for sure.
Here they are out of the marinade
Hee hee hee...I can see from the pics that you have the same propensity for black pepper that we do :emoji_wink:

Robert

Wow, that looks awesome, we don't eat skirt steak here very often, maybe that will change. And you got 3 meals out of it, nice.
Thank you Sir!!
Al
Those look great AL, need to order some WFF. Where did you get those vacuum canisters? I assume they would work with food saver or inkbird hose attachment?
Thanks Cliff!
I bought the canisters many years ago from food saver, and they work with any vac hose attachment.
Al
Love it! Looks great Al. You are motivating me...I got grill grates with my Rec Tec like 3-4 years ago and have never used them. Seeing them on your gasser makes me think I should be using them on the gasser.
Thank you!
I tried the GG on the RT & thought they would be better used on the gasser, & I was right. Give it a try!
Al
That looks incredible. I also love you got 3 great meals from it. Very creative.
Thanks Sven!
When we were younger we could have both eaten a whole steak, now it’s 3 meals!
Al
Looks Fantastic, Al !!
I saw that difference for Prime unseasoned & Choice seasoned, but I figured you wanted to see how theirs stacks up against your Marinade.
Everything Looks Great !!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear!
When I ordered the seasoned I did so because I have never had skirt steak, and honestly I didn’t see the unseasoned Prime, until I went back to order more. As far as the marinade goes, I just went by the seat of my pants and got lucky! Hope I can do it again!
Al
Nice work Al . Like you I've just recently had skirt and flank . Great cuts for high heat sear .

I'm gonna give you points for the dump and run on the marinade .

Everything looks great .

Yup . I use mine all the time .
View attachment 637005
Thanks Chop!
Figured you’d have a vac marinating canister!
Al
I absolutely love skirt steak! Yours looks awesome. It’s a great cut for two people, cooks fast and is pretty versatile.

My stores are hit and miss with them, but the ones from Wild Fork look good.
Thanks!
So far I haven’t got anything that I was unhappy with from WFF.
Al
Excellent Al. Skirt and flank are so tasty and versatile cuts.
Thank you!!
Al
Very nice Al!

Skirt is one of my favorites but as of late they've been garbage around here.
Thanks Norman!
Have you looked to see if WFF delivers to your area?
Absolutely spectacular Al!! Just perfection on everything...but that first sliced shot if the steak is pure money. We do a lot of skirt steak around here for fajitas and stir fry. It is some tasty stuff for sure.

Hee hee hee...I can see from the pics that you have the same propensity for black pepper that we do :emoji_wink:

Robert
Thanks Robert!
And yes we do love our CBP!
Alk
looks great Al, smart about the frozen Au Jus
and 3 meals, fantastic

David
Thanks David,
We were just flying by the seat of our pants with the Jus, just got lucky!
Al
I'm with you Al, I have never had skirt steak. Local grocers don't carry and no meat market in my city.
Have you tried WFF?
Al
Great job Al. Some good stuff right there!
Thank you!!
Al
Al those really look good. We freeze our au jus in ice cube trays as well. My wife calls the little cubes of flavor. 😁
Thank you, she’s right they are sure full of flavor!!
Al

HECK YEAH!! Excellent, Al, absolutely a fine looking meal right there.

I really wish I had measured what I put in that, because it really turned out good.
Many times I cook on looks and don't measure like I probably should, but it mostly seems to work out...

Great set of meals Al. Excellent use for three meals no less. POINTS!
Wish we could get 'outside' skirts up here but WFF doesn't deliver to Indiana. Big difference between them and the 'inside' skirts.

Awesome all around Al! We love Skirt steak, it was very common at our last residence and cheap back then. So much to do with such a flavorful cut, that is crushing it! Looks incredible!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky