Another skirt steak, this TIME it’s PRIME!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You did an awesome job on those! I'm really impressed...the steak made it to a plate and not devoured off the cutting board! Judy's pretzel buns look really good as well!

Ryan

Reactions: SmokinAl
We love skirt steak Al and your looks phenomenal, nice meals there! Also, I have always admired Judy’s baking skills!

HECK YEAH!! Excellent, Al, absolutely a fine looking meal right there.

Many times I cook on looks and don't measure like I probably should, but it mostly seems to work out...

Great set of meals Al. Excellent use for three meals no less. POINTS!
Wish we could get 'outside' skirts up here but WFF doesn't deliver to Indiana. Big difference between them and the 'inside' skirts.

No, but I'm looking into it. Thanks !

Awesome all around Al! We love Skirt steak, it was very common at our last residence and cheap back then. So much to do with such a flavorful cut, that is crushing it! Looks incredible!

You did an awesome job on those! I'm really impressed...the steak made it to a plate and not devoured off the cutting board! Judy's pretzel buns look really good as well!

Ryan

We love skirt steak Al and your looks phenomenal, nice meals there! Also, I have always admired Judy’s baking skills!

The salad was the tip-off for me!
Al knows how to live.

Thanks Guys!
I appreciate the kind words!!
Al

Great looking meal Al, you nailed it! I'll have to keep an eye out for skirt steak, can't recall ever having it. RAY

We liked the Chimichuri seasoned skirt steak we got from WFF so much, we decided to get another one. But when checking out WFF, we found out that you could get Prime skirt steak unseasoned for the same price as seasoned Choice. DUH! I bought 3 of the Prime ones & made a simple marinade. Here is some photo’s
Starting with just a basic marinade. I just eyeballed everything.
View attachment 636980
I put the steak & marinade in a vacuum canister overnight in the fridge.
View attachment 636979
Here they are out of the marinadeView attachment 636981
I dried them off and put them on sear grates on the gasser.
View attachment 636984
View attachment 636983
Next, Judy took the leftover marinade, added a couple of ice cubes of beef At Jus & boiled it down for dipping.
View attachment 636985

View attachment 636986
After a 10 minute rest we sliced up the steak, very juicy!
View attachment 636987
Our dinner!
View attachment 636988
We have plenty leftover for breakfast, lunch & dinner tomorrow.
Fast forward, I had steak & eggs for breakfast, no photo’s.
Then cheesesteak subs for dinner.
View attachment 636989
We used Judy’s homemade pretzel buns, and a CI skillet!
View attachment 636990
Had to put some of that Au Jus on there too. I really wish I had measured what I put in that, because it really turned out good. I hope I can make it again & next time I WILL measure.
View attachment 636991
Judy & I split this & it filled both of us up. I just want to say I can’t believe that I’m 76 years old & I have never had a skirt steak until a couple of weeks ago. I think the flavor, juiciness, & tenderness is just incredible, especially with the Prime. Gonna be a lot more of these on our table in the future!!
Thanks for stopping by!!
Al
Thanks for torturing us again, man you sure do some great cooks. Skirt steaks are usually tough, tricky to cook just right, but you got it right. Here by San Antonio the skirt steak is called "fajitas",. I think there are 2 different cuts on the skirt steak very similar to flank steak. Thank you for posting pics.

HT

Never had skirt steak either AL but looks like I need to ! Fine looking meal !

Keith
Thank you Sir!!
Al
Thanks for torturing us again, man you sure do some great cooks. Skirt steaks are usually tough, tricky to cook just right, but you got it right. Here by San Antonio the skirt steak is called "fajitas",. I think there are 2 different cuts on the skirt steak very similar to flank steak. Thank you for posting pics.

HT
Thank you HT!
Skirt steak will be on the menu here many more times!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky