Another round of roll ups.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
These were so good a request was put in to do them again.
Also had ABT's instead of stuffed shrooms.
P2220601.jpg

Cored and stuffed with 50/50 cream cheese and cheddar with Franks red hot spice.

P2220608.jpg

Stuffed and wrapped with bacon.

P2220603.jpg

Saute onions and mushrooms with SPOG.

P2220604.jpg

Place in eye round thin cutlets. These were larger this time.

P2220605.jpg

Little shake of Pit Boss sweet heat. And into the CI pan.

P2220609.jpg

Got some tater wedges going that were coated with flour and SPOG. Getting crispy!

P2220610.jpg

Meat at 145. Moved taters over to pan to keep warm while the ABT's are finishing up.

P2220611.jpg

Money shot. The taters and roll up were great! We were completely let down with the ABT's. The jalapenos had the heat of a green pepper. Thankfully the Franks
helped. I never had a jalapeno that was completely devoid of heat like these.

were completely let down with the ABT's. The jalapenos had the heat of a green pepper.

Great looking plate Steve but I'm with you and everybody else. It's been a couple years now that we haven't been able to get zesty jalapenos. I enjoy the flavor but there's just no spiciness to them. That's why we have started using Serrano peppers also. I know you can't stuff a Serrano but I'd sure have chopped some up and put in the filling of the ABT's. You were caught off guard though. We know going in that there won't be any heat so we adjust.

Robert

Great looking plate Steve but I'm with you and everybody else. It's been a couple years now that we haven't been able to get zesty jalapenos. I enjoy the flavor but there's just no spiciness to them. That's why we have started using Serrano peppers also. I know you can't stuff a Serrano but I'd sure have chopped some up and put in the filling of the ABT's. You were caught off guard though. We know going in that there won't be any heat so we adjust.

Robert

Thanks! I won't get fooled again! That was a first for me with jalapenos.

Looks great Steve!

Maybe your heat tolerance has plateaued...time for bacon wrapped habaneros??

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky