Another post about breakfast fatties...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bertman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 27, 2013
Heartland of America
We have family in from overseas, so I thought I'd treat them to a memorable breakfast. Thanks to a post from loosechangedru, I decided to try a blueberry pancake fatty (we had leftover blueberry pancakes from yesterday's breakfast). Loosechangedru's recipe included blueberry cream cheese. I was skeptical.

IMG_20190527_092342278.jpg

I made two. One had the traditional eggs, red peppers, and cheese. But I've used hash browns in the past, and they end up mushy. So this time I used cheesy grits instead (and was glad I did!).
The second one included blueberry pancakes, real maple syrup, blueberry cream cheese, and pecans.

IMG_20190527_092354064.jpg
"Traditional"

IMG_20190527_092409683.jpg
Blueberry Pancake

Both were a big hit, and I will be making the blueberry pancake, or something similar, quite often in the future. It was an amazing blend of everything delicious in a breakfast, and worked so well.
The grits had no negative difference in texture like hash browns tend to do. This ingredient will also become a staple for future fatties.

Thanks for reading, and Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Reactions: tuplumber
Love the blueberry pancake fatty idea! I do a similar one but with blueberry muffins. I will have to give this one a try next!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky