Another Pay it Forward Giveaway - Victorinox

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Johnny Ray

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 22, 2019
Western, KY
I have really enjoyed all of the giveaways that have been offered up here on the SMF lately. Just another example why this is the "Best Forum on the Planet".
So I would like to join in the fun and offer one up of my own. Free to the lucky winner is this 14" Forschner Slicer (this baby will slice the biggest of briskets) and a 6" Forschner boning knife.

Slicer.jpg

Rules for entry:
1) There are none (but it would be nice if these went to someone that does not have a brisket slicer). :emoji_relaxed:
2) OK I lied. I would like each person that enters to post your favorite brisket picture (but if you don't / can't that's OK).

I will draw the winner next Sunday night at 6 pm CST and post along with a PM to the lucky winner.

Take care and God Bless!
Johnny Ray

I would love a few great knives like that. I stated in my latest post about me second brisket I needed one bc mine kind of tore up the meat. Thanks for your generous offer!
6FFFA0A7-CC74-4A2D-8DC1-E628DF29E912.jpeg

Reactions: Johnny Ray
I was given a similar Slicer as an At-a-Boy reward from my Chef/Director at the school I taught at. They are excellent. Just a caution, restore the edge with your Steel rather than a Stone as much as possible. Too much grinding wears the metal down to the Granton cutouts. Not a huge deal but, once there the edge sharpens more like a Serrated blade and does not get as fine an edge...JJ

That is awesome, I have a couple victorinox pairing knives and they are great, the slicer must be super also. Thanks for doing this! OK not a brisket but below is a Picanha/coulotte Brazilian roast I just picked up, the second pic is in the smoker with a couple of bottom round roasts. I would love it.
picanha.JPG
smoking.JPG

Last edited:
I would love it! For one, I don’t have a boning or a slicing knife. Two, I’ll be doing my first brisket in the near future (a month or so) and have been looking for a boning knife to trim instead of the paring knife I’ve been using. Three, what better way to get useful tools than from the site I’ve been apart of since day 1 of smoking. We’ve all learned so much from this site and met a lot of friends along the way.
Smoke on folks!

I have really enjoyed all of the giveaways that have been offered up here on the SMF lately. Just another example why this is the "Best Forum on the Planet".
So I would like to join in the fun and offer one up of my own. Free to the lucky winner is this 14" Forschner Slicer (this baby will slice the biggest of briskets) and a 6" Forschner boning knife.

View attachment 428108
Rules for entry:
1) There are none (but it would be nice if these went to someone that does not have a brisket slicer). :emoji_relaxed:
2) OK I lied. I would like each person that enters to post your favorite brisket picture (but if you don't / can't that's OK).

I will draw the winner next Sunday night at 6 pm CST and post along with a PM to the lucky winner.

Take care and God Bless!
Johnny Ray

I love brisket!! Done at any temperature!! And I don’t have a good knife set in the house. This would be a great start!! Thanks for your generosity. Mega blessings to you!

Attachments

• D153157A-39A8-403B-B111-F88F80618CD7.jpeg
    D153157A-39A8-403B-B111-F88F80618CD7.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 3
  • F0074594-E5AF-40D2-9613-A2E0E65735CE.jpeg
    F0074594-E5AF-40D2-9613-A2E0E65735CE.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hey, thanks Johnny! I have neither and I'll just enter what I can!

Here's my try: I'm new at this and did my first chuck roast a little while ago. I'm pretty proud of this especially as my first attempt. The best response though was when SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) said she enjoyed it and she's not a huge a smoked flavor fan.

Good luck everyone.
IMG_6380.JPG
IMG_6381.JPG

Put me in for it! I have yet to do a brisket, have two in the freezer that I'll be jumping in with soon and need a slicer for them! It's actually the slicer I have been eyeing haha!

I just posted a question on egghead forum two weeks ago about what kind of knife to use for slicing brisket and the overwhelming favorite was a slicing knife. I’m having a hard time slicing thin slices with my chefs knife. This brisket was fantastic but not thin slices like my wife likes. Good for you for paying it forward!

Attachments

• 14BFE53C-9930-4E7E-832C-162413EF45DD.jpeg
    14BFE53C-9930-4E7E-832C-162413EF45DD.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 4

View attachment 428108
Rules for entry:

Take care and God Bless!
Johnny Ray
Thanks Johnny, this is very generous. I love making briskets, but have never had an excellent slicer like these. When I use a new one for the 1st time, it's so much easier, but only that 1st time.
After that it's much more difficult. Have been looking for the right one for a long time, and can't decide. Please count me in. With the proper slicer, I'd be doing briskets more often.

I think it's awesome that people on this forum do this stuff! What a great community here.

This is my best brisket picture. I've only smoked two and this was from my first. I only have my chefs knife to slice it up so a slicer would be the bees knees for me.

Good luck to all the applicants (with a little more luck to me).
IMG_20190310_192324_514.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky