Another one from Minnesota checking in to say "Thank You! to a great Bunch.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

old bones

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 23, 2012
East Central, Minnesota
Hi, Another new guy from Minnesota checking in..  I finally got a smoker that works.   I’m retired, live on a hobby farm and just wanted to say “Thank You!!” to everyone who submits your great ideas and past experience to this forum.   Without people like you, I’d still be spinning my wheels.   This forum has a vast amount of good information from some very experienced and helpful people.     

Several years ago I picked up a 1930’s style Ice Box that looks like a refrigerator but uses ice to keep things cool.   I had hopes of making a smoker but the better half wants to restore it and have it in our 40’s style kitchen so this past month she went on line and found a smoker for my birthday.    I now own a Masterbuilt 30 and after reading for several weeks on line, I made my first Pork Chops.  Long story short; the pork chops were bone sucking good so we made several more to freeze and eat later.  Three days later I smoked a rack of ribs that turned out great and last week I picked up a family pack of chicken wings and I made them.  For what I learned over the internet, I was more than pleased with my smoking. 

Confession time..  I made some great Ribs and my Chicken Wings were finger licking good, my wife loves the pork chops but the truth is I just followed step by step; everything I read on the site or this forum.  

I soon realized that when it comes to smoking anything, this forum has some of the most amazing members; I’ve learned more in two nights than what I may have learned in the next two or three years by my Hit and Miss Methods looking at the internet.  I soon realized that most of the people on this site are very creative and many are more than willing to take the time and help out the new guy without being quick to criticize unless they see a possibly chance for a new person doing harm to themselves.  

Last but not least; over the past month I purchased enough rubs over the net to purchase one of the best smokers made. After spending several weeks of reading all the information on this forum, I purchased Jeff’s Rub (if only as a way to support this great forum)    Last week I mixed up a batch and the wife loves the new rub.    She thinks it’s the best rub yet..    Thanks Jeff!!  You have a great product.  Lot of good info on your sites.   Most of all,  a Special Thanks to everyone who makes this the best all around forum on the net.     

Howdy, Old Bones!

:welcome1: to SMF !

You are right about the folks here at SMF. They are a wonderfully helpful and friendly lot. I started my learning about a year ago and this forum as been a treasure trove for me. i hope I live long enough to learn enough to make a meaningful contribution.

Do you know about the Introductions forum? Might pop over there and tell us a bit about yourself including whereabouts in MN you call home. There might even be some others here who are nearby.

Anyway, :welcome1: again!

welcome1.gif
to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 40,000 members and over 800,000 posts so you should be able to find almost anything you want to know. Remember the search bar at the top can be your best friend for finding answers fast!

Would you do us a favor and update your profile to include your location, Thanks!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-course it will teach you all the basics and a whole lot more!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky