Another little project. Non-smoking related.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice . I need to get a couple of these for the kids for Christmas .

This is what I did for the phone . They have some pretty fancy ones of these , but this is just meant to be useful . It really throws the sound out . I used 1/4 " underlayment , and had some 1/2" styrofoam packing I sandwiched on the back and 2 sides .
1635620303739.jpeg
1635620330038.jpeg

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Looks good. Almost like the old Bose 901's I had. You just use your phone with these? Interesting.

You just use your phone with these? Interesting.
Yeah . I saw them on a episode of Woodsmith shop on PBS . Theirs in fancied up .
Yeah I have a Bose wave radio . That's where I got the shape idea . Phone goes in the slot , or can lay down in front for watching videos .

Reactions: Steve H
Yeah . I saw them on a episode of Woodsmith shop on PBS . Theirs in fancied up .
Yeah I have a Bose wave radio . That's where I got the shape idea . Phone goes in the slot , or can lay down in front for watching videos .
I have 3 different Bose speakers. They are the best I've had. I don't have the wave radio. Well, I did. But that was a long time ago. And returned it. Couldn't justify the cost. Today I can. Just have not gone there again.

My wife bought this one back in the '90s . Has the CD player in it also .
I think she paid $500 for that thing . I still use it all the time in the kitchen .
I need to oreder some of those kits . Did you just go through Rockler , or did you find it on Amazon ?

This is kinda crazy! Another hobby of mine is acoustic horns. Studying/buying/making. That is essentially what you built Rich. There is actually a whole science dedicated to these things and it's very interesting and one of the reasons I like it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horn_loudspeaker

Properly made horns are truly a work of art in looks but also in performance. A good horn setup is a real treat to hear and VERY lifelike.

Parts Express has kits too. IE: https://www.parts-express.com/Portable-Bluetooth-Ammo-Box-Speaker-Kit-Components-300-7301

BTW Here is the inside of the Bose:
Bose-Wave-Radio-III-opened-waveguide-design.jpg

Reactions: chopsaw
My wife bought this one back in the '90s . Has the CD player in it also .
I think she paid $500 for that thing . I still use it all the time in the kitchen .
I need to oreder some of those kits . Did you just go through Rockler , or did you find it on Amazon ?

I went through Rockler. They had a sale going on for two of the speaker kits and the drill bit for about 50.00

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky