Another High Temp Cheese Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pugsbrew

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 11, 2015
SE Ohio
Can you all give me your go to on-line supplier for high temp cheese?  I've read a lot of threads, and I'm just trying to iron it down to a couple of sources.  Any problem distributors/products?

Thanks

For most of my cheese needs I use regular cheese from the grocery store as I can't see paying the high prices for the high temp stuff when its not needed in things like summer sausage and other lower temp smoked items.

What do you consider a lower temp?
Under 200 degrees, I haven't tried regular cheese much above that temp but when smoking cured meats under 200 degrees like summer sausage where the temps are generally around 170 I find that regular store bought cheese doesn't show any signs of melting at all. Last cheese I used was a 2.5 pound block of Western Family Pepperjack cheese in a 2.5" x 20" chub of jalapeno summer sausage.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky