• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Another High Temp Cheese Question

pugsbrew

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 11, 2015
Can you all give me your go to on-line supplier for high temp cheese?  I've read a lot of threads, and I'm just trying to iron it down to a couple of sources.  Any problem distributors/products?

Thanks

muddydogs

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 19, 2016
For most of my cheese needs I use regular cheese from the grocery store as I can't see paying the high prices for the high temp stuff when its not needed in things like summer sausage and other lower temp smoked items.

muddydogs

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 19, 2016

What do you consider a lower temp?
Under 200 degrees, I haven't tried regular cheese much above that temp but when smoking cured meats under 200 degrees like summer sausage where the temps are generally around 170 I find that regular store bought cheese doesn't show any signs of melting at all. Last cheese I used was a 2.5 pound block of Western Family Pepperjack cheese in a 2.5" x 20" chub of jalapeno summer sausage.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.