Another Foot !!---And 18" more!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Another Foot !!

So we got another Foot of Snow yesterday, from the second NorEaster to come through here in the last week.
We might not get as much snow as some areas, but we’re getting pretty tired of it, as we have already had 55” this year, which is at or slightly above our yearly average.

The only thing good about it, is it is quite Pretty to look at, so I figured I’d post some pictures for those who are somewhat “Snow Deprived”.

Enjoy,
Bear

It wasn't done yet, but here's a shot out the back Patio Door:
IMG_1829.jpg

Now it seems to be done---Poor Trees---Those limbs normally point UP:
IMG_1906.jpg

Another shot out the back:
IMG_1905.jpg

The view toward the Driveway entrance--Bear Jr has been plowing :
IMG_1908.jpg

Bear Jr plowing all the driveways.
This Snow is a little too wet for my Gravely Blower:
IMG_1903.jpg

Just Beautiful I love Snow !! Only when its you sending me pics.

I know you are tired of it

Gary

Reactions: boykjo
Hope you got something packed away in the freezer to toss in the smoker! Doesn't look like you will be getting to the store very soon.

We just got a very heavy snow, coming down fast and very short visibility.

It lasted about five minutes, maybe 1/2 inch, just enough to make the yards look white.

Looks like we got lucky this time around, maybe 2" we were expecting 8 to 10. I'm not even breaking out the blower for this one.

Chris

Had about 5 inches here,suppose to get more next week.I don't have a drive way so it is all shovel work
Richie
Maybe going to be a snow bird soon LOL

Feeling for you all that live in that eastern part of the country, We have had more snow here this last couple weeks than we have all winter, We were trying to move a drilling rig last saturday and we were shut down until monday so the plows could clear roads. We got 2 feet from friday night to sunday morning. In 25+ yrs of working in the oilfield I have never had that happen before, Rain yes but never snow. At least ours didn't cause the grief that the eastern part of country did.

Had about 5 inches here,suppose to get more next week.I don't have a drive way so it is all shovel work
Richie
Maybe going to be a snow bird soon LOL
Maybe a 36 Hatteras,twin diesels,berthed in Key West?
Real close to the gulf stream for less fuel consumption!

My place looked like that last week, but now with the rapidly rising temperatures, the trees are clear, and the snow in the yard is thinning

Hope you got something packed away in the freezer to toss in the smoker! Doesn't look like you will be getting to the store very soon.

I think I can find a few things here & there.:D

Bear

We just got a very heavy snow, coming down fast and very short visibility.
It lasted about five minutes, maybe 1/2 inch, just enough to make the yards look white.

Those 1/2 & 1 inch snows can be a problem too. One of our 1" snows a couple weeks ago made it hard to tell where my driveway was, so the Propane Truck missed my Driveway by about 5'. Traveled 40' before he realized it. And yes---It hasn't been cold enough for the ground to be frozen!:(

Bear

I thought I was the only one getting snow had over 3 ft this winter and has settled down to around 2 ft lot of high snow banks long ways till spring yet.

The only snow out here was at the Oscar parties.....

After 7 years in Wyoming, I haven't been cold since, and sure don't miss snow.
But you guys Please enjoy it.

That is a Great Son, Bear.

Beautiful! Crank up the smoker, Bear, and melt all that.

BTW, here is a pic of downtown Sacramento last week. Hail, not snow. I'm 30 miles away, toward the mountains, and nothing white fell.

That's ALL Hail?? I never saw that much Hail.
We rarely get any hail, and never in Winter.
Lots of Snow & Sleet though.

Bear

My place looked like that last week, but now with the rapidly rising temperatures, the trees are clear, and the snow in the yard is thinning

Very little of the snow settled so far, but my Leyland Cyprus look much better today.
I'm getting tired of replacing them, after the Winter Freezes, and the Buck Rubs kill them!!

Bear

Bear, you can keep all the snow and sleet. Yes it was all hail and it was cold enough it lasted thru the night. Here is the pic my wife sent me out her office window. Not as deep as other places in town.
20180226_143710.jpeg

Bear, you can keep all the snow and sleet. Yes it was all hail and it was cold enough it lasted thru the night. Here is the pic my wife sent me out her office window. Not as deep as other places in town.

Wow---I never saw Hail cover the ground, and the biggest we ever had around here was about the size of a Quarter.

We're pretty lucky around here, when it comes to Quakes & Storms. The worst things we get are NorEasters that drop up to 37" of Snow in a 2 day event, and most can survive that PITA.

Bear

I'm at camp right now. My deck is looking like yours. 14-16" . I'm going to try my first "Twice smoked ham" ala Bearcarver" for the gang here tomorrow. Going to take an hour to dig out my smoker.

Hang in there John, it can't last forever! :rolleyes: We were just on the edge of this week's Nor'easter. but last weeks was a doozy, 18 plus inches when I measured it near the end.
413797139.jpg

I'm at camp right now. My deck is looking like yours. 14-16" . I'm going to try my first "Twice smoked ham" ala Bearcarver" for the gang here tomorrow. Going to take an hour to dig out my smoker.

That's Great!!
You'll love that Double Smoked Ham.
That's the only Ham we eat here any more!!

Bear

Hang in there John, it can't last forever! :rolleyes: We were just on the edge of this week's Nor'easter. but last weeks was a doozy, 18 plus inches when I measured it near the end.

Hmmm, You got what we expected.
I figured we'd get 17" to 18", but only got 12".
However I'm not complaining!

Bear

The only snow out here was at the Oscar parties.....

After 7 years in Wyoming, I haven't been cold since, and sure don't miss snow.
But you guys Please enjoy it.

That is a Great Son, Bear.

Thanks Sonny!!
He really is a Great Son!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky