Another easy Bacon post

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

raptor700

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 20, 2010
Crestview, Florida
Me and my neighbor Craig, (fpnmf) split a case of bellies, his turned out great http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/124885/bacon-made-the-easy-way#post_836596

I smoked them in the smokehouse with Todd's, Pitmaster Blend pellets for 48 hours.

I used the same curing process as Craig, http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/110799/pops6927s-wet-curing-brine

I brined them for 10 days.

I cut the rind off before smokin' this time, and i must say, i like the end product.

As you can see from the pics, the fat really took on some smoke .

No Bacon Hooks yet, so i smoked them on cooling racks

Here's a shot at the 12 hour mark

b826272d_bacon035.jpg

I had to go visit my neighbor with the best slicer in NWF!

7f8bffc1_bacon037.jpg

It slices so thin, there's no where for the flavor to hide 
biggrin.gif

a63df1b7_bacon038.jpg

All packed up and ready for the freezer

cea0cfbb_bacon040.jpg

Thanks Pop's, for a great (Time tested) recipe.

And a big Thank You to my buddy Craig for allowing me to abuse his Awesome slicer once again.

The bacon smelled awesome!!

Great to see ya and spend some time yakking and slicing!!

Have a great day K-Dog!!!

I recently moved and while checking out the new neigborhood, I found a Mexican Market that sells fresh pork bellies (even found out that I can get whole scalded/scrapped hogs too).  When I asked if they always had bellies on hand the guy behind the counter said that they get them in twice a week. I see bacon (besides BBB) in my future!

Raptor-that bacon looks great and brings back a lot of memories. When my dad had the meat shop, we would process between 80-120 bellies and the same amount of hams a week.

I recently moved and while checking out the new neigborhood, I found a Mexican Market that sells fresh pork bellies (even found out that I can get whole scalded/scrapped hogs too).  When I asked if they always had bellies on hand the guy behind the counter said that they get them in twice a week. I see bacon (besides BBB) in my future!

Raptor-that bacon looks great and brings back a lot of memories. When my dad had the meat shop, we would process between 80-120 bellies and the same amount of hams a week.
So you moved, huh?  Too many bullets flying around your head in WVC?

I kid, but where would that market be?  Making some bacon is on my list of things I want to do once it cools down this fall and the hunts are behind me.

Mailbox only cost ten bucks, lol! Cheap addition!  So so so glad I could share with everyone here helping to do smoking, and thank you so much for everything I've learned from everyone too!

Last edited:
Mailbox only cost ten bucks, lol! Cheap addition!  So so so glad I could share with everyone here helping to do smoking, and thank you so much for everything I've learned from everyone too!
 You Da Man Pop's, you are a wealth of information, without you, I (and many others) wouldn't be able to produce the salty cured meats that make us go MMmmmmmmm................

Looks awesome ken.......... I like some with lettuce,mayo, tomato and a slab of bread......
drool.gif

Joe

Awesome Bacon!!  I really need a good slicer.  I made 10lbs of bacon last week and struggled and struggled with the cheap little one that I have
102.gif

Edit:  I have to agree with all the thanks to pops!!  His brine makes the best bacon around!!!!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky