ANOTHER EASTER HAM?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2009
Bullhead City, AZ
SO I'M STILL TRYING TO DIAL IN MY NEW SMOKER & DECIDED TO DO A HAM FOR EASTER. HERE WE GO

bb2a62c8_DSC05876.jpg

9979008e_DSC05877.jpg

d2e1eeb6_DSC05882.jpg

IM HAVING ALOT OF TROUBLE POSTING TODAY SO I GUESS THESE PICS WILL HAVE TO DO FOR NOW? AS YOU CAN SEE IT WAS ON THE DRY SIDE? I HAD THREE DIFFERENT PROBES IN THE SMOKER TRYING TO GET MY CHAMBER TEMPS DIALED, BUT THEY WERE OFF AS MUCH AS 60 DEGRESS FROM SIDE TO SIDE!! SO I WAS NEVER SURE OF ANY TEMPS OTHER THAN THE HAM??

Last edited:
It looks Great!

I'm very surprised it got a little dry. I read you aren't supposed to remove the skin, because that might make it dry out.

Since I remove the skin from Salmon & Belly Bacon before I smoke them, I removed the skin from my Hams for Double Smoking, and they were plenty Juicy.

They say leaving the skin on holds the moisture in, and allows it to continually baste itself----Maybe not?

Bear

Thanks guy's. I actually did remove the skin, but I couldn't seem to post a pic of it. I even had some cilantro green chili butter I wanted to post a pic of? I think part of the reason the ham was on the dry saide is that it seems the fat inside didn't render down much? Still tasted good

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky