Another Birthday Leftover

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Another Birthday Leftover

Bear Jr got Me some frozen "Bacon Wrapped Scallops" & a "16 ounce Lobster Tail" with my Birthday Presents, so here’s the Scallops.
I’ll do the Tail another time. I got special plans for that Big Boy!!

I never got Pre-made Bacon Wrapped Scallops before, but they aren't too bad.
The scallops are fine, but the store bought Bacon leaves a lot to be desired.

To shorten this, I’ll just add comments in the Captions, above each Picture.

Thanks All,

Bear

20 Bacon Wrapped Scallops:
IMG_4596.jpg

Sautéed in Butter:
IMG_4597.jpg

Roasting some Tater pieces in my Air Fryer:
IMG_4600.jpg

All Done and Tasty Taters!!
IMG_4601.jpg

Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Roasted Taters:
IMG_4602.jpg

Next Morning -----Eggs with a couple Bacon Wrapped Scallops:
IMG_4598.jpg

NEXT DAY SUPPER

2 Slices of Italian Bread with some of Jeff's Awesome BBQ Sauce:
IMG_4605.jpg

Mrs Bear had some Leftover Chicken in the Fridge, so I stole enough for a Sammy:
IMG_4606.jpg

Added the last 2 Bacon Wrapped Scallops to that Chicken Sammy, to make One Happy Old Bear!!
IMG_4607.jpg

Brother you making me hungry that is my kind of meal,Scallops any way and every way.I have a bag of bay scallops going to make a chowder with them. LIKES
Richie

WHOA!! I'll take a (few) plate(s) of that please sir!! I swear, you're the undisputed king of leftovers!! Most of ours go into individual tube for Tracy's lunches, but I manage to sneak a tub once in a while.

Thanks for sharing Bear

Robert

Looks really good John, We've done the frozen scallops before and they are good. Just not quite the same good as wrapping your own.

Point for sure
Chris

Brother you making me hungry that is my kind of meal,Scallops any way and every way.I have a bag of bay scallops going to make a chowder with them. LIKES
Richie

Sorry to hijack the thread Bear, but Richie( tropics tropics ) make sure you post this one. I love chowder and haven't made it with scallops before only corn and clams.

Chris

Yum, those scallops look like a nice decent size, I love scallops. I haven't tried them with bacon, ill have to add that to my list.

We used to snorkel for scallops in a place called "American River" in Kangaroo Island, so fresh and tasty. The word got out and they were wiped out by Kiwis, terrible, we used to get just enough for a feed.

Info on American River - American River was named by American sealers who sheltered there in the 1800's. Link > About American River

Bearcarver Bearcarver , your Birthdays last a long time, haha, I guess the longer the Birthday lasts the more goodies in the Den :emoji_wink:

Richie

Thank You Richie!!
Hmmm--I'd like to see that Scallop Chowder Recipe too.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

WHOA!! I'll take a (few) plate(s) of that please sir!! I swear, you're the undisputed king of leftovers!! Most of ours go into individual tube for Tracy's lunches, but I manage to sneak a tub once in a while.

Thanks for sharing Bear

Robert

Thank You Robert!!
It used to be worse-----When Bear Jr was still living at home (30 years and more ago), I was eating all the leftovers, as I do now, and most of the time I was about 3 days behind the rest of the family---Them eating newly cooked meals & Me cleaning up the rest of the old meals. Now while I'm eating the leftovers, Mrs Bear eats TV dinners, until I catch up.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Great meal there. I've had the bacon wrap scollops from Sam's Club not to bad.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
Yup, I like Sam's too!
I don't know where Bear Jr got these, but they were pretty good too.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Yum, those scallops look like a nice decent size, I love scallops. I haven't tried them with bacon, ill have to add that to my list.

We used to snorkel for scallops in a place called "American River" in Kangaroo Island, so fresh and tasty. The word got out and they were wiped out by Kiwis, terrible, we used to get just enough for a feed.

Info on American River - American River was named by American sealers who sheltered there in the 1800's. Link > About American River

Bearcarver Bearcarver , your Birthdays last a long time, haha, I guess the longer the Birthday lasts the more goodies in the Den :emoji_wink:

Thank You Jabiru!!
No my Birthdays don't last long, but the Tasty Treats Bear Jr gets for me take awhile for me to devour. Only thing I got left now is the 16 ounce Lobster Tail, but I have special plans for that Bad Boy!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks really good John, We've done the frozen scallops before and they are good. Just not quite the same good as wrapping your own.

Point for sure
Chris

Thank You Chris!!!
I agree, but I never look a gift-horse in the mouth, when I can put the Gift in my mouth! :emoji_laughing:
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

A 16oz tail is a beast! Can't wait to see what you have in store for that.
Yes, me too Steve.
Bear isn't giving away any hints either :emoji_astonished:

I hope I didn't get you guys too excited. It's not that big a deal.
Hate to disappoint you both!!
It worked Great though.
You'll see when I get to it, from my finished Notes.

Bear

Haha your cook ups never disappoint Bear. I am sure it will be damn good!

I am guessing you did a lobster tail thermidor? Am I right?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky