Anniversary CI Grilled Spicy Italian Skilletini (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks downright tasty Robert! We call that dump lasagna over our way. Though, I've not done that on the grill before. And I'm liking those CI pans. Where did you get those? Happy Anniversary!!

Last edited:
Holy Cow Robert that sure is a great looking meal.

Happy anniversary to you and Tracy.

Point for sure
Chris

Happy Anniversary to you and Tracy. Cant believe she put up with you for that long! :emoji_laughing: . Seriously everything looks great. I bet the sauce was the star of the show. Nice work my friend.

Yesterday was our 14th wedding anniversary. I wanted to do a nice dinner. Tracy said no sense in it. That means she was leading up to wanting hamburgers....again. I didn't want burgers, I wanted Italian. I knew the only way to make an Italian dinner "special" for her was to make Skilletini. This was her favorite in a really nice place we used to go to to years ago and remains her favorite. I'm good with that as long as I get my Italian fix.

Start the sauce with spicy Italian sausage early in the day so it can sit for hours and get happy. Add crushed red peppers and cayenne for the "spicy" element
View attachment 632815

Saute some peppers and onions
View attachment 632816

Cook some pasta, put it in a bowl, and mix most of the sauce into it
View attachment 632817

A little sauce in the bottoms of the CI pans
View attachment 632818

Add the pasta mix and just for good measure, some more sauce
View attachment 632819

Top with veggies and a nice dose of Parmesan
View attachment 632820

Pile on the mozz and garnish with parsley
View attachment 632821

Got some garlic toast ready to cook
View attachment 632822

Skillets onto the grill
View attachment 632823

Done and ready to serve
View attachment 632824

Plated and out to the patio
View attachment 632825
View attachment 632826

I would have preferred to do the dinner outside but they were calling for some horrific weather. I was concerned that if it hit in the middle of cooking dinner I'd be up the creek so it was an inside cooked dinner for the most part. I typically like a nice salad with Italian food but was told that with all the veggies in the main dish, it wasn't necessary. OK, one less thing to make :emoji_laughing: This dinner was fantastic!! The addition of some crushed red pepper and cayenne really makes the sauce pop. You get a nice spicy glow but not something that would peel dried paint off the driveway. Thankfully there was no mention of burgers and Tracy was thrilled that I made her favorite Italian meal. It was a win-win din-din.

Thanks for dropping in-in (UGH!! That's enough :emoji_astonished: ) and we'll see y'all soon.

Robert
looks damn good

Happy Anniversary Robert and Tracy… two awesome and selfless folks with huge hearts! Hope your day was great!

That meal is phenomenal and creative… another one knocked outta the park as usual my friend! Very nice job!

OMG----Awesome!!
Perfect meal for a couple of Newlyweds!! Congrats to you both!!
Boy that looks Outstanding!
Like.

Bear

My wife and I's anniversary was yesterday as well! I just did Super Deluxe Nachos. I really dig your little cast irons! Congratulations!

Now I got a question....What size are those skillet? And where did you get them?
Appreciate the kind words Jim. The pans are about 5 x 5 x 1 1/2 deep. I thought I'd gotten them from Amazon but couldn't find them when I looked. then I remembered that Tracy got them from Kohl's several years ago.
Happy Anniversary to you both, another off the charts, creative meal Robert.
Thanks so much Cliff. I appreciate the kind words and the well-wishes.
Happy Anniversary Robert and Tracy! That plate looks great bud! I would tear that up.
Thanks Brian. That dinner was REALLY good buddy!!

Robert

Happy Anniversary to you and Tracy, that is a meal worthy of such a special occasion. It looks delicious!
Very much appreciate it Joe. To us, it's not really a special day, just an excuse to do something nice :emoji_wink:
Looks great, happy anniversary, they happen quick lol
Thank you Mike. I appreciate it sir.
Happy Anniversary !! Great looking dinner.I bet it was very tasty..
Very much appreciate it Mike. Dinner was in fact pretty tasty :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Happy anniversary, Robert!

And I'm SOOOO shiggin' that dish. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks....and no shiggin' required. This forum is all about freely sharing info and ideas.
Looks like a great meal to celebrate. Happy anniversary to both of y'all!
Thank you my friend. Appreciate the kind words.
Happy anniversary! We also just had our 14th…but I hosed it up by being broken. Making up for it on her birthday

love the skilletini looks fun and delish!
Appreciate it Dave. Sorry you were broken up for your anniversary but hopefully on the mend. Certainly make it up to her next chance you get....and make it extra special.

Robert

Reactions: noboundaries
Congrats!! Oh, and it looks pretty dang awesome Robert! PS we have had my wife's homemade lasagna for our anniversary dinner many times over....Its called the "we made it" plate!
Thank you sir!! Kinda interesting the traditions that develop over time. Love the "we made it" concept. Can't do that around here or Tracy would kill both of us with some weird food borne illness she concocted.
CONGRATULATIONS, Tracy. You too, Robert...:emoji_laughing: We'll celebrate our 39th this Sunday, May 29.

The Skilletini looks great and would definitely be a hit with my wife. The plated shots look somewhat like Mickey Mouse

I wasn't gonna bust his anniversary bubble but since you did......I thought the same thing lol. Portrait of mickey
Appreciate the kind words Charles and congrats to you and yours.

You guys need to stop with the high school habits and quit dropping acid. It looks nothing like Mickey. That is an EXACT replica of Jamie Lee Curtis from 20 years ago. Notice the orbs....or in Jamie's case I should say "prominent points". See...Micky's point one direction and Jamie's point the other direction. That is definitely Jamie right there!! Now go take another hit :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Happy anniversary!

Delicious looking! I’ve bookmarked this and may be bugging you with questions soon!
Thanks so much. Please feel free to fire away with an Q's you may have.
Happy Anniversary to you and Tracy!! That good looks great and in all likelihood I’d like to drink a mug of the sauce!!
Thanks Jeff, and knowing you, I have all the faith you could down a mug or two of the sauce. It's some tasty stuff.
That's just a dish of pure goodness right there Robert, happy wife, happy life! Tomorrow is our 18th anniversary, might be doing a little Italian myself.
Thank you my friend. Albeit a couple days late (been insanely busy) happy anniversary to you also!!

Robert

Thank you sir!! Kinda interesting the traditions that develop over time. Love the "we made it" concept. Can't do that around here or Tracy would kill both of us with some weird food borne illness she concocted.
.... We made it is also a theme of song on the 3rd Stage Boston album....we played it our wedding!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky