Andouille with help from Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crazymoon

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 24, 2014
Great North Woods, NH
Kevin aka Foamheart was gracious enough to send me a few packets of sausage seasoning that he had made up( andouille and cajun). Here are the results of the andouille, needed 10 # of pork butt so I bought two and turned the rest of the meat into hot italian sausage.

P1010033.JPG

I aded cure #1 to the seasoning also some paprika and cracked BP which Kevin recommended, the awesome smell of the seasoning filled the kitchen !
P1010035.JPG

I ground the pork once through a 3/4 plate and added the seasoning.
P1010037.JPG

Into the fridge for a days rest,Kevin does more time but I am going away for the weekend . The color change is looking good. I stuffed this in 35-38mm hog casings.
P1010038.JPG

I smoked with hickory for 3-4 hours after initially drying at 120 for an hour or more. I bumped the temp up 10 degrees an hour until I reached 170 for smoker temp and pulled at an IT of 154 and then chilled (a bit too long ). Total smoker time was about 11 hours
P1010045.JPG

Money shot doesn't do the sausage justice but I only took one pic. The flavor is incredible and I can't thank Kevin enough for his generosity!
P1010047.JPG

Man that is some good looking sausage!
I can think of all kinds of dishes that would go good with!
Nicely done & congrats on making the carousel!!
Al

Reactions: crazymoon
Sausage making is a lot of work but very rewarding. Thx for the pictures, looks fantastic and I'm sure the taste is astounding.

Reactions: crazymoon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky