Andouille stuffed pork tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Another point for the cool factor.  Pretty work Westby. 
icon14.gif

VERY cool, westby! I still have one good sized link from my Anduille batch which I'm now saving to try this. I'll probably go with a small loin, though. Did you grill it or smoke it?

points.gif
I smoked it on my pellet grill at 250 and finished it under the broiler quickly to crisp the bacon.

I don't recall the exact time. I took it off at 145 IT. It was a bit over 2 hours if I remember correctly.

I used a maple, hickory, cherry blend for wood.

murraysmokin - The sausage was smoked after it was made, but I did a second cook/smoke on it that morning before stuffing it.  I knew I wouldn't take my tenderloin that hot and wanted to be sure to get the sausage to temp to render out some of the fat.

I used a maple, hickory, cherry blend for wood.

murraysmokin - The sausage was smoked after it was made, but I did a second cook/smoke on it that morning before stuffing it.  I knew I wouldn't take my tenderloin that hot and wanted to be sure to get the sausage to temp to render out some of the fat.

Funny you posted this in was thinking about that on my way into work that the tenderloin would be jerky by the time the sausage was done, maybe butterfly & stuff a loin would be a better application.

I've always done it the butterfly method and with Italian sausage.  I like your technique and will try that next time.  

BD

I have Andouille on the radar this weekend my dad's old meatstore in Detroit used to make the best andouille & haven't made gumbo since they closed, hopefully my first shot is close to theirs & I may stay hot & try my hand at some chorizo

Stooooop, you're killing me with those pictures. Looks incredible.

I did a tenderloin this summer...one of the first things I did on my first smoker. Wrapped in bacon and it turned out really well. But the added layers looks just killer....

Would love to also try stuffed with Boudin....

I have Andouille on the radar this weekend my dad's old meatstore in Detroit used to make the best andouille & haven't made gumbo since they closed, hopefully my first shot is close to theirs & I may stay hot & try my hand at some chorizo
Would that Anduille recipe be a secret, or could it be shared?
:biggrin:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky