Andouille Sausage - Great Veterans Day Dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinvegasbaby

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jul 23, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
First I would like to say.....THANK YOU TO ALL VETERANS ON THIS FORUM FOR YOUR SERVICE.  TO ALL THE BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN WHOM ARE STILL SERVING THIS COUNTRY, MAY GOD CONTINUE TO WATCH OVER YOU, YOUR FAMILY AND KEEP YOU ALL SAFE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE..............

My Jerry loved my Red Beans and Andouille Sausage. So in his memory, I made myself an Andouille Sausage dinner today. 

For 5lbs. of sausage, I used an entire package of LEM Backwoods Andouille seasoning.  This was the first time I used this product and was pleasantly surprised by the spicy flavor. I have made Andouille Sausage before using my own recipe.  I must admit this Andouille seasoning was really tasty.  I will use it again soon!

I smoked my sausage on my new little electric smoker with pecan wood.  I smoked it until internal temp reached 165 degrees then I placed them in a ice water bath to stop the cooking process.  The ice cold water also keep the sausage from wrinkling up......no one likes wrinkled sausage links LOL

Made some sweet and savory red cabbage coleslaw, sautéed some red onions and yellow bell peppers

I put my Andouille inside a buttery potato bun slathered with yellow mustard.  Then I piled everything on top of my smoked Andouille Sausage link - it was insanely good........

Have a great weekend everyone......and thanks for looking.

Be Blessed and Keep on Cooking and SMOKING!

Josie AKA SmokinVegasBaby

Last edited:
My oh my that looks great.

:sausage: Thumbs Up :drool

sausage.gif
icon14.gif
drool.gif

sausage.gif
icon14.gif
drool.gif

Now that is a meal I could definitely get into!!

Nice job & point worthy for sure!

Al
thanks Al for the nice compliment and the point.  To bad you don't live closer I would share with you and the "missus" Be Blessed and have a great weekend.  I bet you are smoking up something good this weekend!

Josie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky