• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Andouille Sausage - Great Veterans Day Dinner

smokinvegasbaby

Master of the Pit
Joined Jul 23, 2013
First I would like to say.....THANK YOU TO ALL VETERANS ON THIS FORUM FOR YOUR SERVICE.  TO ALL THE BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN WHOM ARE STILL SERVING THIS COUNTRY, MAY GOD CONTINUE TO WATCH OVER YOU, YOUR FAMILY AND KEEP YOU ALL SAFE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE..............

My Jerry loved my Red Beans and Andouille Sausage. So in his memory, I made myself an Andouille Sausage dinner today. 

For 5lbs. of sausage, I used an entire package of LEM Backwoods Andouille seasoning.  This was the first time I used this product and was pleasantly surprised by the spicy flavor. I have made Andouille Sausage before using my own recipe.  I must admit this Andouille seasoning was really tasty.  I will use it again soon!

I smoked my sausage on my new little electric smoker with pecan wood.  I smoked it until internal temp reached 165 degrees then I placed them in a ice water bath to stop the cooking process.  The ice cold water also keep the sausage from wrinkling up......no one likes wrinkled sausage links LOL

Made some sweet and savory red cabbage coleslaw, sautéed some red onions and yellow bell peppers

I put my Andouille inside a buttery potato bun slathered with yellow mustard.  Then I piled everything on top of my smoked Andouille Sausage link - it was insanely good........

Have a great weekend everyone......and thanks for looking.

Be Blessed and Keep on Cooking and SMOKING!

Josie AKA SmokinVegasBaby

Last edited:

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
My oh my that looks great.

:sausage: Thumbs Up :drool

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Now that is a meal I could definitely get into!!

Nice job & point worthy for sure!

Al

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
That looks great Points

Richie

smokinvegasbaby

Master of the Pit
Joined Jul 23, 2013

Now that is a meal I could definitely get into!!

Nice job & point worthy for sure!

Al
thanks Al for the nice compliment and the point.  To bad you don't live closer I would share with you and the "missus" Be Blessed and have a great weekend.  I bet you are smoking up something good this weekend!

Josie

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Great andouille and thought for veterans deserves a point.

Disco

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
"Andouille; It's not just for Red Beans & Rice anymore!"
Great sandwich svb! A meal in itself!
Dan

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.