and here i go...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrmosh303

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
Hudson, Co
happy to find the forum, i think i am going to be here often...

i am very new to smoking meats, and very excited about it...i have a Charglow gas grill, had it for years...and recently bought a pretty cool Brinkman charcoal grill...qviews included...love using my gas grill year round in Hudson, Co...a small town not far from Denver...

today is the day i go to Home Depot and get the Master Built dual fuel 2-dooor smoker!! have been looking at videos on YouTube, posts in this forum, been to the store 2x's looking and touching these unit, CostCo 2x's also, since the Landmann stainless is at 299.99, but it is electric and i think the dual fuel is the choice...and dammit, i am doing it!! well, i mean since the wife FINALLY said i could, of course...

so...i have read some threads, and it seems that i am going to read the directions on the seasoning, but appears that i need to grab a can of Pam today...i am grabbing chunks of, prolly, hickory also...

i also think i am going to start with something easy...maybe some thick pork chops...then maybe some yard bird...i am trying to work my way to a Thanksgiving turkey for this years holiday...i plan on using this hard for the next coupla weeks, like i said...very excited!!

any tips, tricks, pics or criticisms are more than welcome...they are expected...

there will be a qview of the new smoker in the next post...again, thank you to everyone in this forum that will welcome, and help with questions that i know i will have in the next few days...

smoke on, eat strong...

mrmosh303

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

Happy smoken.

David

Reactions: mrmosh303
[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything   ......... 
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome MrMosh. It is an addiction indeed, and a fun one at that! there are more ideas and inspriations on this forum than you'll ever need...good luck and happy smokin.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Jump in and start reading and you will find so many things you want to try. Start a Word doc and start saving the ones you like. I did and now have a Smoking cookbook with over 600 pages (not sure when I will find the time to do them all).

Anyway enjoy!

Welcome to the forums!  Glad you've joined our group.  You'll find there are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

Welcome from Canada.

canada-flag-68.gif

I have only been smoking for a year so I won't give advice on the finer points of smoking. I can tell you how I have gotten so much from this forum and the generous members.

When I want to try a project, I do a search on it in the search bar. I read several different posts and find one I like. I ask any questions in a post (someone always helps me out.) For a couple of smokes, I posted pictures as I was doing the smoke and got real time advice.

I think you will like it here and I look forward to your posts.

Disco

what a wonderful welcome...i plan on really doing a lot of posting, so much that you guys may get tired of seeing me name!! but, that has never stopped me before...

got the new unit home, built, in place and curing now!!

soon...thick pork chops...and like i said, a turkey for the holiday...then, the sky is the limit!!

thanks again for making a newbie feel welcome, and i am sure i will learn a lot!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky