• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Amish Style Sweet Sticks

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
5 lbs of Amish country style sweet sticks.

Have to use collagen i found up here 21mm.

Stuffed and waiting for smoker to get to temp of 140. Normally i start at 130 but its cold and windy today. Hanging in my Bradley 6 rack.

palladini

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 23, 2013
Amish Style Sweet Sticks

Mate hogs, raise pig.  Slaughter pig, butcher it.  Grind the Meat, add some spices, stuff into casings, sell to the new age public.

Need anymore info?

dward51

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 24, 2011
Well, if it's "Amish" you can bet it ain't online.  They shun that sort of techno-stuff.  

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Here some cut sweet sticks.

All the sticks i'm making are vac sealed and for my grandkids up here in NEPA, better than candy all the time.

Thanks Y'all

Next up dried hickory sticks.

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
Nice.........................

stayhot

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 12, 2011

Where is the Recipe?

I wouldn't hold your breath. I've only seen recipes posted very few times and I really don't get it? Everyone shows pictures of the finished product and ooo's and aaaah's over them but like others say on here that a thread is useless without pictures, I feel that they are also useless with out the recipe or at least the ingredient's?

hoity toit

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 4, 2011
I waiting on my casings to be delivered so I can do a batch too. Looking good !!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.