Amish Bologna and Kabanosy Snack Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
drool.gif
Looks great Todd!!!!

Here are the recipes:

Amish Ring Bologna from Nepas

Old Amish Ring Bologna is made with pork.  Today we have non edible & edible collagen rounds.

For 2.5 lbs in a couple different ways.

2 lbs lean pork

1/2lb  back fat

OR

2 lb pork shoulder

1/2 lb beef heart or wild game.

Grind the meats thru med plate 2x

2 t salt

1/2 t cure #1

1 t ground mustard, packed

1 t white pepper

1/2 t allspice

1/2 t marjoram

2 garlic cloves chopped fine

1/2 cup fine powder milk (opt)

1/2 cup cold water

Kabanosy From Shannon127

Meats

Gr/Kg

pork

salt

Cure #1

pepper

Allspice

Caraway

Garlic Powder

nutmeg

cold water

Last edited:
Reactions: pc farmer

Here are the recipes:

Amish Ring Bologna from Nepas

Old Amish Ring Bologna is made with pork.  Today we have non edible & edible collagen rounds.

For 2.5 lbs in a couple different ways.

2 lbs lean pork

1/2lb  back fat

OR

2 lb pork shoulder

1/2 lb beef heart or wild game.

Grind the meats thru med plate 2x

2 t salt

1/2 t cure #1

1 t ground mustard, packed

1 t white pepper

1/2 t allspice

1/2 t marjoram

2 garlic cloves chopped fine

1/2 cup fine powder milk (opt)

1/2 cup cold water

Kabanosy From Shannon127

Meats

Gr/Kg

pork

salt

Cure #1

pepper

Allspice

Caraway

Garlic Powder

nutmeg

cold water

Looks good!

Last edited:
Nice work Todd... The close up looks great................
first.gif

Here is a picture of the chub and my freezer score. I've now had the Amish Bologna in sheep, hog and 2'1/2" fibrous casings and I like the large chub the best.

I froze some of the Kabanosy before drying and some is drying in a paper bag. I wasn't sure about the best way to store it. The Kabanosy that is drying will be eaten before it ever sees the freezer so I'll probably never know.

I am gonna give the balogna recipe a try very soon. I have a shoulder and some venison in the freezer.

I am still planning some garlic bologna. I just can't justify it until I have some type of vac-seal to put it up in. The casing hold either 13 or 8 pounds! Thats a lot of bologna!

We always used to put a chub on the BBQ pit for the cooks and the beer drinking. Cut some splits in it so it could hold the sauce as the meat grew to near explosive quantity! Boy that was good stuff!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky