American Wagyu Petite w/Blackberry Reduction, A Picture Story!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
So got a new grill over the weekend (https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/new-2022-weber-genesis-e-435.314047/) and FINALLY got to do the first cook......so had to do something special..... so I’ve been starving my self for the last 1.5 days for this......

First, needed and appetizer...... grilled wings...

39B1FF6C-4FDE-4115-B40B-5A9D95BBF2E5.jpeg

Seasoned up with my new test rub.....
4E7189E9-7FEC-4887-ADA8-2B9835730BDB.jpeg

On the grill @mid heat = 425... on the upper rack....
771C28E9-F45D-48BD-ABE6-44FDE96990EC.jpeg

Bam....25 min or so ready to fine tune a little color....
AC5B67D3-DF8C-457C-AF09-C367A008D3B2.jpeg

Just getting a little presentation color...dropped them down to the grate level for about 2 min...
2FFEA8F2-1BBD-44BE-9D77-AC28C9C1EA12.jpeg

Bingo resting for the wagyu.... way impressed at the moment...
7EFCFC3B-567A-49CC-A73F-5E4FCCE51D77.jpeg

Ok ok I know that was a tease but that is what app’s are for...get you read for the main coarse...

found these baby’s last night and quickly grabbed them up!
1F3E5FCC-4C82-46AD-A8A6-B86C2A06747A.jpeg

since these are really lean they got seasoned and dressed with some classic light olive...
809A2BA2-B3A0-4626-A580-3C074050C149.jpeg

the sides got all prepped for the grill as well... brushed with olive and SP (cipollinii onions = flavor)
A4DF2A61-55DE-43EC-88CD-A28137532358.jpeg

The reduction, 1C each red wine and chicken stock 2 Tbsp blackberry preserves SP reduced to a nice syrup
EF105C57-013F-4FFF-8662-088CAB549EEB.jpeg

Blanched the roots is salted water then chilled with and ice bath...
A22E9E37-F36B-4E56-A108-198BAB403639.jpeg

seared the onions in classic olive with SP and when the wagyu went on they were finished with butter....
504AF3CA-56D8-417A-9C98-763941CCACF4.jpeg

so time for the big moment..... all the goodies on with it searing hot....
D54CC6F1-BB89-4706-B801-39989E496AB3.jpeg

3 min a side on everything.....(if you blinked you missed it)....
1BC7312A-E8B0-4FAB-B791-AB8F7C18A7AD.jpeg

So time for the reveal......first the chicken wing app....
E5AA3B0C-5403-4386-843F-1F33F623CA59.jpeg

next my wife’s golden balsamic berry salad.....(YUM)
52EE9841-8C55-4985-82A3-A642BB44DDDC.jpeg

Money is colorful!
49EDCF4A-45ED-4FC3-ACD5-F3CB7231A680.jpeg

And now for the main coarse....
580DA3D0-478C-476E-B85C-14020D42020A.jpeg

finished with fresh chopped herbs!
8C0BEA47-C24F-48A3-B875-86302F016A84.jpeg

The Money.....crazy only 6 min on the grill...
7E064D18-6433-4400-90C5-25FCF915F99A.jpeg

All I can say is the wait was worth it on my side and am one happy camper!

Last edited:
All looks fantastic!! The low price on the SRF meat blows my mind!! Doesn’t look like a mark down either?

All looks fantastic!! The low price on the SRF meat blows my mind!! Doesn’t look like a mark down either?
Thanks jcam! Our little market is an exclusive SRF/Double RR place. They have stuff like this often, some times it is bistro tenders and other times the petites.... just little jems when they do!!! The thing that will blow your mind is peps will reach over it and get choice petites @ 9/lb.....

Last edited:
Great looking cook. You been killing it! That salad looks so good. Think it was forktender forktender that sent me some of those Kinder seasonings. Really good. I going to have to find some of that steakhouse one.

Congrats on the new grill, it’s very nice but the meal that came off of it is beautiful! You’ve been killing dinners lately. Everything looks like it belongs in a magazine.

Great looking meal . Perfect cook on those steaks .
A good gas grill is way more than a convenience .
Nice work bud .

WOA those steaks were a great score! And all that food is making me real hungry.

Great cook all around my friend!

Damn civil. Those is just another unreal meal by you! It all looks amazing. I too cant believe you get SNF meat for that price. I really like that grate you have on the right side of the grill. Going to look around and see if I can find something similar to fit mine. The dual side is pretty cool.

You and jcam222 jcam222 should have a competition. Both of you put out the best looking food I have ever seen.

HAHAH I am paying double that price for choice rib eye here /sob... Looks great glad you got a good grill grats buddy.
Thanks negolien! Oh yes this was less than the choice ribeye sitting next to it.... It does help to be along the snake river..... ie Snake River Farms..... The parent company (Agri Beef) originated a 10 min drive from our house.....the corporate headquarters is in Boise now with their Wagyu Bull development program in Caldwell Idaho....just 3 hrs away.....so I think we get "homage" to SRF origins.....

Great looking meal and nice run on the pictures of the process
Great grilling work on it all, But that salad is fantastic, wife did good also

David
Thanks David! Oh yes the salad, she use to only make enough of the dressing for a meal, but now she has been making up little jars of it so we get to enjoy it more often with little to no work!

Great looking cook. You been killing it! That salad looks so good. Think it was forktender forktender that sent me some of those Kinder seasonings. Really good. I going to have to find some of that steakhouse one.
Many thanks Brian. Yes forktender forktender grew up with the Kinders family. Our Costco sells them for a great price. The buttery steakhouse is good on pretty much anything including cauliflower, broccoli and shrooms.

Man that looks great! I wish I could find that brand beef in a store here.
SRF and Double RR is good beef, The company originated in Eastern Idaho, but has grown throughout the Northwest, the Double RR line was started about 2007, the Wagyu herd in 1988.

Congrats on the new grill, it’s very nice but the meal that came off of it is beautiful! You’ve been killing dinners lately. Everything looks like it belongs in a magazine.
Thanks XR! Needless to say I really enjoy cooking!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
it all looks great.
Many thanks Broke!

Great looking meal . Perfect cook on those steaks .
A good gas grill is way more than a convenience .
Nice work bud .
Thanks Chop! I guess I didn't realize how much I was missing with the old original!

WOA those steaks were a great score! And all that food is making me real hungry.

Great cook all around my friend!
Much appreciation sandy!

yes sir! That is a heck of a meal right there.
Jim
Thanks Jim, I call it the one and done....Ie the only meal of the day...LOL

Damn civil. Those is just another unreal meal by you! It all looks amazing. I too cant believe you get SNF meat for that price. I really like that grate you have on the right side of the grill. Going to look around and see if I can find something similar to fit mine. The dual side is pretty cool.

You and jcam222 jcam222 should have a competition. Both of you put out the best looking food I have ever seen.
Many thanks SVOL! It is good to be in the heart of beef country for sure!

The grate on the right is the Weber Crafted sear grate. I will measure it for you as you can buy it as an accessory. I have a griddle coming that will fit in the same space. It has a thinner tapered bar on the other side for a for refined line as well

I agree with you jcam222 jcam222 puts up some really nice plates! And thanks again for the complements (started cooking at a steak house at 16, so been at it a while.....LOL)!

Outstanding Vittles Right There!!
Nice Job, Civil !!
Like.

Bear
Thank you Bear, much appreciated!

Looks like you had a great meal
Thanks jim!

Great looking meal.
I'm going grill shopping when we get home.

Our Costco sells them for a great price. The buttery steakhouse is good on pretty much anything including cauliflower, broccoli and shrooms.
Walmart carries Kinder, too.

Reactions: civilsmoker
Great looking meal.
I'm going grill shopping when we get home.

Walmart carries Kinder, too.
Thanks FA! - I'm happier than a kid in a candy store with the new grill!!! My co-work saw that the Costco in Boise has the new Weber's he is picking on up too this week....

You and that new grill cooked those steaks to perfection Civil. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky