Amazon links?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forktender

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 10, 2008
NORCAL
Why don't Amazon links work on this forum? Well the link takes you too Amazon but links to specific items don't work. This is the only forum that I belong too where they do not work, it seems silly too me.

They don't work on my android phone or my windows laptop.
Your link doesn't work for me it say something like " amazon=max width:120px">

I use Firefox also and cannot see the pictures on Amazon links. I also run a pop up blocker that gets rid of ads. If I Iook at this site thru IE, I can see links. I'll keep using Firefox.

Works for me too, on both W 10 desktop and iPad. I'm not too knowledgeable about these things, but I'd suggest reaching out to one of the staff members to ask if there are settings you can change to address the issue...either on your devices or in your forum settings.

Red

With Firefox I can't see Amazon ads at all. I can see them with Edge and Brave. I brought it up in the "Bugs,Glitches' sub and Hellasteph said "
"If you're a SMF premier member, Amazon links may be mistaken as ads that we don't show you but it's not detecting it as a link, it thinks it's an ad. I'll look into this."

It looks like its not just premier members having a problem with it though.

Weird, I can't get them to work on android or win 10.

works on my windows 10 dell...

are you pasting the whole link or using the Insert Link button?

works on my windows 10 dell...

are you pasting the whole link or using the Insert Link button?
Copy and pasting them.
It appears to be on my end, but I can't figure out how that could be seeing that it does the same thing on my phone and my lap top.....weird.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky