Alright, you shamed me into it....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Gosh Sonny!
I never thought of smoking little cubes of cheese!
What a great idea!
Next cheese run I do will include cubes!
Thanks!
Al

It was another of my brain farts, Al. I think it turned out well enough to say try it.
I cold smoked this though. I set the Inkbird PID to 10° C (50° F) and the highest temp I saw during the 6 hours of smoking was 17.x ° C (62.6° F)
Next time shopping I want to get a bag of cubed cheese to smoke. Easier than me cutting them down from a block.
I can store them in my Curing fridge next to my Al's Pickles.
My Patio is becoming the snack capitol of the house.

SonnyE Thanks for the like it is greatly appreciated.

Warren
:emoji_thumbsup:
It's some SM00KY cheese today! Tastes good!

It has plenty of room. The mini kegs add thermal balance.
So I feel obligated to maintain a balance in it with Bacon, Beer, Cheese, and Al's Pickles.
You know, the staples of any good Bar-B-Que area. :emoji_wink::emoji_sunglasses:

Oh yes, that thermal mass keeps the inside of the fridge cold and it won't have to run as much.

The second fridge in the garage is always "well stocked". :emoji_wink:

Reactions: SonnyE
Smoked cream cheese is good, and for those that like goat cheese, those logs you can get relatively inexpensively at Costco make great smoked cheese (especially in an omelet). As was suggested above, foil pans are an excellent way to do the soft cheeses, but I've never poked holes in the bottom and the cheese still develops a beautiful "tan colored patina" and takes on great smoke taste.

My all time favorite smoked cheese is Gouda, and my wife's is horseradish cheddar. Havarti is also an excellent cheese to smoke, and is my second favorite. I like to eat Parmesan thinly sliced as appetizer cheese, so am planning to smoke that for the first time in my next batch which is coming up soon - I'm now out of smoked cheese.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky