All Beef Hot Dogs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice looking hot dogs :emoji_yum: :emoji_thumbsup:
Not a big fan of coriander in hot dog recipe's myself. Replace it with some chili powder.
:emoji_wink::emoji_wink:

If your looking for a hot dog packed with flavor I found all pork is the way to go. I've tried all beef, beef and pork mix and all pork and all pork rules IMO. 30% fat content is key.......

Boykjo

I totally agree, if you use a butt, it has about the perfect fat to lean ratio you will ever find, unless you are gonna buy a pork loin & combine it with a few lbs. of back fat to get the perfect ratio you are looking for. Personally for me that is a bit too much trouble. A well marbeled butt with a nice fat cap makes the best hot dogs that I have ever had.
Al

If your looking for a hot dog packed with flavor I found all pork is the way to go. I've tried all beef, beef and pork mix and all pork and all pork rules IMO. 30% fat content is key.......
Boykjo, completely agreed with you. I never tried all pork dogs but 80/20 pork/beef worked perfectly for me. When I am ready for next batch of dogs - I'll try all pork.... and yes - no coriander. :emoji_wink:
Thank you for the like!

I totally agree, if you use a butt, it has about the perfect fat to lean ratio you will ever find, unless you are gonna buy a pork loin & combine it with a few lbs. of back fat to get the perfect ratio you are looking for. Personally for me that is a bit too much trouble. A well marbeled butt with a nice fat cap makes the best hot dogs that I have ever had.
Totally agreed with you, Al. Next time I won't be messing with mixing loin and back fat (especially it's not easy for me to find it around here). Pork butt is way to go! At least for this application....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky