Alerts Not Clearing Out

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I think they are working on stuff Keith. My alerts are coming in, but they are mixed up. It’s a little weird, but as you know every time an upgrade is implemented it takes a while until all the bugs are worked out. :emoji_sunglasses:
Al

Reactions: Buckeyedude
So my list of alerts gets longer every day... it used to clear out automatically every day... Any idea what's going on with that ??
How many you got now, Keith??
I'm at 398 now. Seems like it slowed up a bit since it hit 300.
Had to change a lot of the way I do things, but I'll survive.
It's not mentioned any more---Makes me wonder if it's not enough people having trouble with it.

Bear

My alerts are working perfectly.

Chris

You have to either click on "mark read" or actually click on the alert or they will not go away.

That's all BS, if it isn't working properly. If you have to play games to make them go away, it's not telling you anything like it does when it's working right.

Bear

Bear... my list is still long (doesn't clear out).. But I will say...

I have noticed now that there is a BOLD BLACK LINE in between the read (old alert) and unread (new alert) ...

Bear... my list is still long (doesn't clear out).. But I will say...

I have noticed now that there is a BOLD BLACK LINE in between the read (old alert) and unread (new alert) ...
I haven't seen the Black Line, but if I did, what does that do for me.
An alert used to come to my email box, so I can go there to see it.
Then after I clicked on it & read it, it would go away until somebody else commented on it. Then I would get the alert again. If I didn't go to the alerted thread, I wouldn't get any more alerts to that thread, until I go there & read the one that I was alerted to.
A Black line does none of these things, unless I'm missing something.
I guess after 12 years, I've kinda gotten used to how things worked when they worked right.
I never was a Computer-Geek, but now I'm a 73 year old Non-computer geek. I can still hit the fastball, but they keep throwing up these curve balls with these program screw-ups.

Bear

Alerts still working here!!!

Chris

I’m at 405 alerts and I hit Read all almost everyday since this started. The list always does wired things like randomly shows alerts from 3 days ago and moves new alerts to the bottom, then after I hit read all it clears out the number above the icon, but a bunch of alerts will still be in the box. When I come back again it will randomly start climbing into the 100s again. It’s been going on so long I’ve forgotten how it used to be🤣

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Alerts used to clear after clicking on the alert icon and bringing up the list. That alone cleared them without having to read them or scroll to bottom to mark read. Wish I could make mine go back to that.

Alerts used to clear after clicking on the alert icon and bringing up the list. That alone cleared them without having to read them or scroll to bottom to mark read. Wish I could make mine go back to that.
I forgot about that already!

I’m at 405 alerts and I hit Read all almost everyday since this started. The list always does wired things like randomly shows alerts from 3 days ago and moves new alerts to the bottom, then after I hit read all it clears out the number above the icon, but a bunch of alerts will still be in the box. When I come back again it will randomly start climbing into the 100s again. It’s been going on so long I’ve forgotten how it used to be🤣

For me, this ^^^

Reactions: bauchjw
There are options in preferences to not show read from viruwing alert pop up window or alert page. That said I do not have them checked so doing either should mark read but doesn’t. I’m addition whether I mark them read or not the continue to build in the pop up even when they don’t add a mew alert number on the icon.
4E51E8AB-E24D-433A-8B7B-8BC807A9181F.png

I don't know if anybody is working on this problem, but I haven't gotten an "Alert Email" since yesterday, and the number of alerts says "512" now.

Bear

Despite a lot of advice from folks I have been unable to get my alert notification count at the top of page to work like it used to for many months. Lately even if I scroll down and click mark read the same ones pop right back up Another little thing I noticed is that when typing a post you used to be able to click done which would allow you to get out of the the text box and perhaps switch windows to copy something or look at something prior to finishing the post. That no longer functions either.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky