• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

alder sawdust

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
As long as it is about the same consistancy it should work fine

richoso1

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
If the sawdust has been outside, you may think about putting in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, just to be sure it is dry. It's all good my friend.

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 16, 2009
My question is this,  where did ya get the alder sawdust? Was it from a door or cabinet shop's dust collector or is this coming from a good, clean source.  If it's clean and not contaminated with everything else that ends up in a shop's dust collector, then it should be good to go..

Last edited:

1-wheel

Joined Sep 16, 2010
it won'tstay lit   maybe i'll try the microwave thank's'for the help

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 16, 2009
Keep us posted. These threads are great for other people exploring different things.

1-wheel

Joined Sep 16, 2010
nuked the sawdust' .that did the trick thank's  for the infosaved me a bunch of $$$$$

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I haven't tried it yet, but I've been told the best smoke for Salmon is Alder.

Last year I had a lot of Salmon and no Alder.

Now I got Alder & no Salmon.

Bear

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
Up here in the NW, alder is pretty much the go-to wood for salmon, works nice with other meats, too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.