Alberta Disaster

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Duke glad to hear your safe. I hear today that the fire is making a turn and the weather is also helping now. Gary everything still ok with you?

Warren

Duke glad to hear your safe. I hear today that the fire is making a turn and the weather is also helping now. Gary everything still ok with you?

Warren
Yep, we're fine--not near the danger area.  Thanks.

Today I heard that they're starting the cleanup in downtown Ft Mac, starting with the hospital.  The rest of the cleanup crews will be starting in about a week.  My step-daughter already has a job up there on the cleanup--that'll probably last all summer.  But they said it will be 3 or 4 weeks before those poor folks will be able to go home--if they're one of the lucky ones that still have a home.

Gary

Duke - good to see you are out and safe.  God bless those who lost everything, their jobs, or any semblance of their normal life.  My brother, most of my uncles, and cousins are all pipe insulators, and have been out to Fort Mac many times in the distant and recent past, and one cousin was there for the whole event.  He's back at home in Calgary now.

Lots of support going on here in the Southern Ontario.  The Blue Jays wives were collecting donations at the Jays game on Mother's day when my wife went down.  Our local grocery stores, beer stores, liquor stores, and even gas stations are taking donations for the Red Cross for Fort Mac.  We've donated several times, and keep seeing people donate.  I hope it helps heal the pain.

Duke - good to see you are out and safe.  God bless those who lost everything, their jobs, or any semblance of their normal life.  My brother, most of my uncles, and cousins are all pipe insulators, and have been out to Fort Mac many times in the distant and recent past, and one cousin was there for the whole event.  He's back at home in Calgary now.

Lots of support going on here in the Southern Ontario.  The Blue Jays wives were collecting donations at the Jays game on Mother's day when my wife went down.  Our local grocery stores, beer stores, liquor stores, and even gas stations are taking donations for the Red Cross for Fort Mac.  We've donated several times, and keep seeing people donate.  I hope it helps heal the pain.
That sure nice, Jaxty.  Nice to see everybody pulling together.  Glad your cousin got out safe and sound.

Gary

Everyone is pulling together: workers from an Edmonton strip bar are offering free lap dances to evacuees. They also donate some of their tips for the cause.

Gary any updates I haven't seen any thing on the news?

Richie
The fire danger is pretty much over for the city of Ft Mac.  The fire is still burning like crazy and heading East to Saskatchewan.  Syncrude is firing back up and already has some workers back on site, and the other big guys will be following suit.  As for the people evacuated, no word yet on when they get to return.  They have to get the water, sewer, power, and gas checked out and back on line first.  I figure it will still be several weeks for those folks.

Gary

The fire danger is pretty much over for the city of Ft Mac.  The fire is still burning like crazy and heading East to Saskatchewan.  Syncrude is firing back up and already has some workers back on site, and the other big guys will be following suit.  As for the people evacuated, no word yet on when they get to return.  They have to get the water, sewer, power, and gas checked out and back on line first.  I figure it will still be several weeks for those folks.

Gary
Thanks we have all of you,in our prayers.

Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky