Alabama White BBQ Sauce/ Big Bob Gibsons

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bob Gibson’s white sauce it’s lights out! If you’ve hacked it, it’s a great addition to the recipe list for anyone!

Scott

It's a good change of pace from tomato and mustard sauces.

From what I read Big Bob Gibson didn't keep his white sauce recipe a secret. That is why it's so easy to find. But I've heard the recipe has been tweaked over the years at his BBQ restaurant.

MMMMMmmmmm I love white sauce, Now I will try this as well..... Now I am going to do a bit of research on BOB Gibson...

Nice!

It’s a great sauce For chicken & turkey!

Scott
Yes it is!
It's a good change of pace from tomato and mustard sauces.

From what I read Big Bob Gibson didn't keep his white sauce recipe a secret. That is why it's so easy to find. But I've heard the recipe has been tweaked over the years at his BBQ restaurant.
Yes, yes and yes.
Never heard of a white bbq sauce. This looks great. I'm going to give it a try this weekend. Thanks for sharing.
Just remember this is not a glazing sauce, this is a dip and serve sauce, and a bowl on the side for more dipping is great too.
MMMMMmmmmm I love white sauce, Now I will try this as well..... Now I am going to do a bit of research on BOB Gibson...
Big Bob Gibson put Northern Alabama on the BBQ map, and introduced White Sauce to the BBQ masses.
It's a shame that his restaurant is so big and so popular that quality has suffered due to mass production.

Last edited:
Reactions: dls1
This stuff makes good Coleslaw too...JJ

Reactions: mike5051
Big Bob Gibson put Northern Alabama on the BBQ map, and introduced White Sauce to the BBQ masses.
It's a shame that his restaurant is so big and so popular that quality has suffered die to mass production.

Though it's been a while, I've made the sauce a few times with good results. Using it for coleslaw sounds like a good idea.

A few years ago, I was in Birmingham on business and a couple of us, with some time to kill before catching a flight, went to the restaurant in Decatur. We should have stayed in Birmingham. It was a waste of time, gas, and money.

So many BBQ Joints start with an individual or small dedicated team making food with pride and excellence. Get recognition and become a legendary destination and you grow too fast, just hiring warm bodies to bang out quantity at the expense of quality. For the owners, it becomes all about profit, not so much pride. The place is packed with people that read about the place, here or there and go because the place is famous. Basically Tourists that don't know great Q. Anyone in the know, tastes the crappie food, wonders why they wasted a trip and the money, then never go back...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky