Air Fryer Potato Chips

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqjefff

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 27, 2022
Yesterday I made some potato chips in the air fryer which was easy. The problem was that some of them ended up still a bit floppy after. Some didn't crisp up and I think the reason was that I put multiple layers on the tray. Next time I will do single layers and I want to do it in the deep fryer too.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Yeah I flipped them once during the cooking.

I've made a fair amount of chips . I always soak them until the water runs clear . Then I spin 'em in the salad spinner to get rid of the water . Getting the starch out really helps , and like you said , single layer . I use BBQ rubs and sausage seasonings to sprinkle on for flavors .

I've made a fair amount of chips . I always soak them until the water runs clear . Then I spin 'em in the salad spinner to get rid of the water . Getting the starch out really helps , and like you said , single layer . I use BBQ rubs and sausage seasonings to sprinkle on for flavors .
I just used olive oil, salt and pepper but I do want to use bbq rubs. Also I will try the salad spinner as well.

I made a new batch this weekend and they are much better. I cooked them in the deep fryer this time. So much better!

Pics or it didn't happen lol....

all I have to say.jpg

I par boil mine in salted water with some vinegar and they come out great. Sometimes I add a little Old Bay too.

Mom has a ton of zucchini and totally gonna try some chips with some! Thanks for the idea BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma

Here are the pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_6873.jpg
    IMG_6873.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6874.jpg
    IMG_6874.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6875.jpg
    IMG_6875.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 10
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky