Air Fried Catfish

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Air Fried Catfish

Got some Store Bought Breading Mix to try.
Never bought any before—Always mixed our own.
Figured it had to be good, from Louisiana, the land of Saints, Gators & Cottonmouths (And Plenty of Fish).

So My Breading Machine (AKA Mrs Bear) got to work on breading this Catty Fillet.
She used Egg, which wasn’t in the instructions, but it was still plenty tasty.
Next time I’ll cut the Fillet in half, as it was kinda hard for her to handle when the Fish was twice as big as the plate used for Breading.
So She breaded it for me & put it in the Fridge for a few hours, with a little Old Bay on each side.

Then I took it out & put it in my Crisper Basket.
Then into the Air Fryer, second position, with the Baking Pan in the bottom position, to catch drips & crumbs.
I set it @ 400° for 30 minutes, so I can check it at 22 minutes (on pause).
I checked at 22 minutes, and it was done, so I removed it at that point.
I added some Spanish Rice & a Red Beet Pickled Egg.

This was a Great meal for the Bear to eat all alone, but that’s why a pack of 4 frozen Fillets lasts me so long.

Thanks again for stopping by,

Bear

Had to try some Store bought Breading Mix, for a change:
IMG_4661.jpg

My Breading Machine Struggling a Bit. I should have cut the fillet in half when it's twice as big as the Plate:
IMG_4662.jpg

Got her Breaded & into the Fridge, with a little Old Bay:
IMG_4663.jpg

A few hours later, into the Crisper Basket:
IMG_4664.jpg

In we go @ 400°:
IMG_4665.jpg

Removed after 22 Minutes:
IMG_4666.jpg

Plated with some Spanish Rice & a Pickled Red Beet Egg:
IMG_4668.jpg

Yumm! I love catfish. Ive used that breading before . its pretty good stuff. And again with the beet eggs. Lol. I really need to get a jar of them going here soon. Your killing me with those.

That looks great, love me some fried catfish!! Bear, what'd you think of the batter? We use another one, but I believe it's similar in texture and flavor. try mixing 1/3 cornmeal to that mix and it gives it even better texture. I've also been doing a mustard/beer batter (instead of the egg wash). I just pour out a little mustard, and add cold beer until I get the right consistency. Something about the bubbles in the beer...magical.

Big LIKE!

I need to try fish in the air fryer . That's a great looking meal , nice portion of fish , and another top shelf breading job .

That's a fine looking fillet Bear, goes perfect with that rice! I never seen a red beet egg before, tho I do like pickled beets. Like, RAY

Looks awesome.
Gotta love the airfryer.I do a lot of flounder in mine..Truly love the idea of eliminating all that oil.

Yumm! I love catfish. Ive used that breading before . its pretty good stuff. And again with the beet eggs. Lol. I really need to get a jar of them going here soon. Your killing me with those.

Thank You Travis!!

Bear

That looks great, love me some fried catfish!! Bear, what'd you think of the batter? We use another one, but I believe it's similar in texture and flavor. try mixing 1/3 cornmeal to that mix and it gives it even better texture. I've also been doing a mustard/beer batter (instead of the egg wash). I just pour out a little mustard, and add cold beer until I get the right consistency. Something about the bubbles in the beer...magical.

Big LIKE!

Thank You Saint!!
That Mustard Beer batter sounds interesting. Is that just for the wet part, and then you use the Breading on that?
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thank You Travis!!

Bear

Thank You Saint!!
That Mustard Beer batter sounds interesting. Is that just for the wet part, and then you use the Breading on that?
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
Bear, yes, I dredge in the beer/mustard batter then into the cormeal/fish fry mix.

Mmmm Catfish Nice Job Bear Looks Tasty

Gary

I love catfish!! Looking forward to the weather changing so I can catch a mess. Whole meal looks great Bear

I need to try fish in the air fryer . That's a great looking meal , nice portion of fish , and another top shelf breading job .

Thank You Rich!!
Yes, definitely give it a try. I think you'll find it to be as good as the AirFryer makes Chicken!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Awesome love the cat fish on the top of my fish list.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
Catties have been my #1 Eating fish since I was Knee high to a PA Black Bear.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: smokingohiobutcher
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky