• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Air Flow Question (Photo included)

KevinsMeats

Joined Jul 12, 2020
I have a fan running 24/7 in my chamber. I am curing for the first time in my chamber some salami. My first question is will the fan running 24/7 cause case hardening if so how often should I switch the fan off 12 hours? 8 hours? every other day? if so I will buy a timer switch. my chamber runs about 52-56 F and Humidity is about 70-80 percent.
IMG_1077.jpg

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
That's a huge fan.... If case hardening occurs, the interior of the meat will not dry.... It will spoil....
I like your humidity gauge....

Something to read.....

KevinsMeats

Joined Jul 12, 2020
That's a huge fan.... If case hardening occurs, the interior of the meat will not dry.... It will spoil....
I like your humidity gauge....

Something to read.....

So with a fan say about 2-3 inch big should the fan run 24/7 then or should i put it on a timer? I will definitely be buy a new smaller fan with your advice

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
That's hard to know... An air speed of about 2 MPH is what the experts say is about right... Or about 3' per second.. :That ain't much...

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.