Air Flow Question (Photo included)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KevinsMeats

Original poster
Jul 12, 2020
Detroit, Michigan
I have a fan running 24/7 in my chamber. I am curing for the first time in my chamber some salami. My first question is will the fan running 24/7 cause case hardening if so how often should I switch the fan off 12 hours? 8 hours? every other day? if so I will buy a timer switch. my chamber runs about 52-56 F and Humidity is about 70-80 percent.
IMG_1077.jpg

That's a huge fan.... If case hardening occurs, the interior of the meat will not dry.... It will spoil....
I like your humidity gauge....

Something to read.....

That's a huge fan.... If case hardening occurs, the interior of the meat will not dry.... It will spoil....
I like your humidity gauge....

Something to read.....

So with a fan say about 2-3 inch big should the fan run 24/7 then or should i put it on a timer? I will definitely be buy a new smaller fan with your advice

That's hard to know... An air speed of about 2 MPH is what the experts say is about right... Or about 3' per second.. :That ain't much...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky