Ahoy Mateys from Temescal Valley

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cpanderson

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 10, 2019
Corona, CA
I thought I would drop a line in the the So Cal forum and say hello. I'm happy to be among fellow meat enthusiasts! I've recently begun dabbling in the wizardry of smoking, and am doing research to gain confidence in starting to make cured meats/salumi. Any recommendations on where to procure quality meats would be invaluable, because as of now I get most of my meat from stater bros or costco... but there has to be some hidden gems out there in Chino or Mo Val or surrounding areas, where they still raise livestock. Anyways, just wanted to drop a line and say hello to my neighbors and brothers in smoke. Happy daylight savings day!

Welcome. From Oceanside originally now living in Murrieta...
You must feel my pain then when I say "Beware of the Poppy Peepers"! It is getting damn near dangerous on the 15 freeway with the blooms going on near Lake Elsinore... idiots parking on the side of the freeway to get out of their car to take pictures... I love the bloom, but hate the hordes that it brings!

A Big Ole Welcome from East Texas

Gary

Well the sun finally. Had a lot of the wet stuff this year..Glad but also wondering how I am going to till my little ground...weeds are up past my knees...course, it could be worse...

They estimated that 50,000 people went to Lake Elsinore to visit Walker Canyon poppies... The whole town's population is 66,000... it was crazy!

Yup I believe it. Took me an hour to get from Temescal Canyon exit to Nichols Rd exit just now
They estimated that 50,000 people went to Lake Elsinore to visit Walker Canyon poppies... The whole town's population is 66,000... it was crazy!

Yup I believe it. Took me an hour to get from Temescal Canyon exit to Nichols Rd exit just now

Sup from Cerritos! I’m smoking like a train but wanted to dabble in curing a turkey.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky