Age test!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

6GRILLZNTN

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 12, 2018
Murfreesboro, TN
Who remembers striking these things on the zipper of your Levis? Kroger here in Middle TN still sells these.
IMG_0878.jpeg

Man I remember buying them in a 3 pack for around 99 cents. Convincing the lady at the store my parents sent me there to get them 😂

• Haha
Reactions: crazymoon
6G, Zipper, front teeth, pant legs and the best way was one match into 4-5 matches for ignition. The ways to light them was a never ending search as a child ! :)

Light them on my Levi’s, zipper of my coat or with the finger nail of my thumb. Also used to shoot those out of my pellet rifle against the concrete basement wall, popped like a very small firecracker.

As a kid. My dad gave me 2 3/4"bolts about 3 inches long. And a nut. You'd have the nut just barely threaded on one bolt. Break off a few of the tips. Put them in the nut. And screw the other bolt in so it was just touching the match heads. Then throw it on the sidewalk....boom! Loved that! Until mom started to wonder where all the matches went!

I never did the zipper strike thing, but I've been known to start one from a cigarette to light a gas stove.
I still have a few boxes in a zip lock out in the garage "just in case".

Maybe have taken some match heads off a book of matches, borrowed a buddies cigarette without him noticing, roll half the tobacco out, stuff match heads in it then repack the tobacco. About halfway through that smoke his face lights up as bright as the flare of matches! Alcohol might have been involved lol!

Ryan

Maybe have taken some match heads off a book of matches, borrowed a buddies cigarette without him noticing, roll half the tobacco out, stuff match heads in it then repack the tobacco. About halfway through that smoke his face lights up as bright as the flare of matches! Alcohol might have been involved lol!

Ryan
I put these in my Dad's Winstons one time. Let's just say he was not happy.
download (1).jpeg

Set of the pants worked better than zipper on the old ones.
I got a box of the "new" strike anywhere and I think the anywhere means on the scratch panel.

Today's kitchen match is nothing like it used to be.
No kidding
The originals were made in Diamond factory in Cloquet MN.
The globally sourced product suck big time.

Did anyone chew on matchstick? Did anyone realize how much fire retardant chemicals they were sucking out of the wood stick?

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Set of the pants worked better than zipper on the old ones.
I got a box of the "new" strike anywhere and I think the anywhere means on the scratch panel.

No kidding
The originals were made in Diamond factory in Cloquet MN.
The globally sourced product suck big time.

Did anyone chew on matchstick? Did anyone realize how much fire retardant chemicals they were sucking out of the wood stick?
I chewed them a lot. Tasted like a match stick, it was distinct. My kids were all born bald and naked, I’m perfectly healthy as well. We used to cut the heads off the Match then cut the head off a pin needle and insert that into the center of the stick, then cut an X in the back of the stick and make paper flights like an arrow and insert in the X. They were nice flyers and we shot those out of pellet guns as well. Mean little darts.

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky