Afterlife

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Not meaning to step on anyone's toes or offend anyone, but I'm kind of curious. How many people actually believe that there is something else out there when you pass away. Heaven, Hell, Purgatory, Reincarnation or something totally different.

Me, I'm a non-practicing Catholic, I hope there is something more than life as we know it, but I have my doubts.

Chris

Wow, that’s a heavy one. I believe there is and we go to church, but my personal life experience has me in a place where I think it’s beyond what our minds can comprehend in a normal day to day state. I also believe in a Hell, but I think it’s more selective and not the cartoon version. More, emptiness.

I agree with that. Probably different than what we are taught in American church
I can’t believe that it can be that simple. But I can’t accept that spirituality is only a superstition in our Newtonian world.
Jed's a marine. They go to Valhalla lol
I’m pretty sure that’s what you’re praying for too!

<<< In his best Steve Martin voice, holds his head between his hands, and yells out... ''I'M SOOOOO CONFUSED''

I as well, HOPE (since there is no proof) there is an afterlife.... With the good and the bad separated... But I'm kinda leaning towards there's nothing afterwards... I dunno...

Reactions: Jeffrey16
I believe there's a heaven and a hell. John's passing has brought back alot of memories. My mom had many of the health issues that John did, different causes but in the end still the same.
It was tough the day I stopped to check on mom and she was crying...when I asked what was the matter, she said she was having an argument with the Lord... she wanted him to take her home and he wasn't listening. No matter how much pain she felt she always was more concerned with others well being. Hope to be a tenth as strong as she was... and many times wish I had her words of wisdom. But was kind of funny the one time she was in the hospital and the minister came in to visit... think she gave mire advice to him than what he gave.

Ryan

Over my head. Valhalla is Norse: afterlife for slain warriors.

Chris
Haha, I understand what Valhalla is. The crayon reference is a joke the Army has that Marines like to eat crayons. Jake’s an Army grunt and we have fun giving each other crap.
2D8E9392-C6C7-4326-BECA-4CC22EE782DE.jpeg

I'd like to truly believe there's something else out there also Ryan. I mean what we're living in now can't be it. I'm just not sure what it is that comes next.

I remember when my grandmother was in hospice. She started speaking Gaelic, and the only reason we knew she was speaking Gaelic was because an uncle of ours that we never met just happened to travel to VT to pay his last respects.

Reactions: bauchjw and TNJAKE
Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky