ADVICE ON SMOKING 3 TURKEYS AT ONCE???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

911tacoma

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 20, 2013
I have a REC TEC pellet smoker and I plan on smoking 3 10-12 lb turkeys for Thanksgiving. My question is: Do I need to do anything different? and any advice or wisdom will be much appreciated..

Obvious question would be, do you have the physical space? Also, be sure the birds a fully thawed!!!!

Then I would ask how well the smoker catches up when you place 3 large cold items (Butts, Briskets), can the heat source catch up? Probably not a problem but worth considering.

I'm looking at smoking 4-5 birds and started a similar thread a couple days ago, here's the link for some additional insight: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/152319/5-turkeys-for-thanksgiving-any-tips-or-tricks

I like to brine my birds, and I posted my brine recipe in the thread.

Thanks Josh,

Yes I have the space and the smoker catches up fairly quick, they are fresh birds never frozen and I will brine. Thanks for the link very helpful....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky